mooseName and method signatures

1 message Options

mooseName and method signatures

Simon Denier-3
I know that the requirements for mooseName are not completely explicit, however one condition which seems pretty interesting but is not completely enforced right now is that a moose name should be unique.

This is not the case for signatures from languages which provide overloading, like Java.

With infusion for example, SampleClass.method1(int) and SampleClass.method1(String) share the same mooseName SampleClass.method1()

Worse, I have seen cases where you can confuse getter and setter
void SampleCase.attribute(String attr) -> SampleCase.attribute()
String SampleCase.attribute() -> SampleCase.attribute()

Also since the moose finder uses #mooseName to format entities, this shows in the Moose finder.

Maybe we should adopt the convention of using the real signature in the moosename.

--
 Simon