moosetechnology.org

12

moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I put together a new webpage at:
http://moosetechnology.org

The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ... different, including the logo.

Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report problems if you see any.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Beautiful, as usual !

On 13 Sep 2014, at 16:41, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I put together a new webpage at:
> http://moosetechnology.org
>
> The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ... different, including the logo.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report problems if you see any.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

abergel
Dear Doru,

This is excellent! This is a major step forward!
Thanks!

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moosetechnology.org

stepharo
+1

Welcome to the new logo :)

On 14/9/14 10:12, Usman Bhatti wrote:
Very nice.
Thank you.

usman

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I put together a new webpage at:
http://moosetechnology.org

The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ... different, including the logo.

Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report problems if you see any.

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

SergeStinckwich
Great logo, great web site design. Apparently you use bootstrap ?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I put together a new webpage at:
> http://moosetechnology.org
>
> The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put
> together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but
> until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ...
> different, including the logo.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report
> problems if you see any.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.

In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.

Doru

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great logo, great web site design. Apparently you use bootstrap ?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put together a new webpage at:
> http://moosetechnology.org
>
> The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put
> together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but
> until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ...
> different, including the logo.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report
> problems if you see any.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Offray
Congrats. Really nice,

Showing the old site to other newbies was becoming difficult and, of
course, starting from there was difficult to show anything else, so
Agile Visualization become my "thing to show" when I was trying to
introduce Moose to other newbies.

On the constructive critic side, Is frustrating being unable to solve
the persistence issues that I have reported on Pharo mailing list after
some pointers and trying them with not much understanding of the
concepts and finding than that thread became frozen. I know that
community is very helpful and proactive and that people have lives and
other things to do besides helping newbies, but monologize on my own
attempts to solve the issue, despite of being useful has limits...

So, bitter-sweet feelings, nice to have Moose and its new site, but
difficult to get some learning further, despite of my newbie erratic but
insistent attempts...

Offray

On 09/13/2014 09:41 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I put together a new webpage at:
> http://moosetechnology.org
>
> The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put together a
> static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but until then we
> need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ... different, including the logo.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report
> problems if you see any.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com <http://www.tudorgirba.com>
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Offray,

I sent this info before, but I am not sure you got it. In order to understand the concepts of Glamour, you should read the dedicated chapter from the Moose Book:

I do not have time to get your code to work right now, but the workaround example I sent earlier should just work once you understand how transmissions work.

In the meantime, I will try to add support for the triggering of custom actions when ports change more prominently. Please feel free to ask more detailed questions.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 6:50 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Tudor,

On 09/14/2014 01:51 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Hi Offray,
>
> I sent this info before, but I am not sure you got it. In order to understand
> the concepts of Glamour, you should read the dedicated chapter from the Moose Book:
> http://www.themoosebook.org/book/internals/glamour/
>
> I do not have time to get your code to work right now, but the workaround
> example I sent earlier should just work once you understand how transmissions work.

Yes In fact I got it, and follow your example and send a several updates
and questions[1][2][3] about my attempts to implement your suggestion

[1]
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/2014-September/013423.html
[2]
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/2014-September/013474.html

[3]
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/2014-September/013553.html

The main conceptual issue I have is that most of the examples I see on
the Deep into Pharo and Moose Books on custom browsers are mapping the
flow of information in transmissions in one sense from general to
particular: packages to classes -> to protocols -> to methods -> to code
editor, but, in my case what I want is to make a two ways communication:
from nodes tree to node content and back, so once you have selected a
particular node in the tree, the content of the node is shown and once
you change the text of that content in this is updated (automatically or
explicitly of the first is not possible) in the nodes tree. Sending
message to outside seems the way to do it, but I don't know how to send
a message that captures all the text in a pane and, as I said in the
follow ups of your suggestion a direct implementation of them gets the
two panes (nodes tree and node content) disconnected.

Is a general explanation of the issue (details are in the referred
messages) but I think than that's the core issue of what I'm trying to
do. As I said there, I would love to write the article about this
experience on the software itself (I'm calling it Software Selfies :-P),
but I hit a wall about this conceptual issue.

> In the meantime, I will try to add support for the triggering of custom actions
> when ports change more prominently. Please feel free to ask more detailed questions.

Thanks. That are my details until now. Would be nice to have some kind
of updateOn message that connects ports on specific events (text pane
gets updated, node gets moved or something like that).

> Cheers,
> Doru

Cheers,

Offray

Re: moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

This is incorrect. Transmissions handle any data between any ports.

but, in my case what I want is to make a two ways communication: from nodes tree to node content and back, so once you have selected a particular node in the tree, the content of the node is shown and once you change the text of that content in this is updated (automatically or explicitly of the first is not possible) in the nodes tree. Sending message to outside seems the way to do it, but I don't know how to send a message that captures all the text in a pane and, as I said in the follow ups of your suggestion a direct implementation of them gets the two panes (nodes tree and node content) disconnected.

You do not send messages. You send data from one port to another, and presentations react to the changes of port values from the panes in which they reside. The outside port is just another port in the surrounding pane. You can choose any port for any pane you want.

Is a general explanation of the issue (details are in the referred messages) but I think than that's the core issue of what I'm trying to do. As I said there, I would love to write the article about this experience on the software itself (I'm calling it Software Selfies :-P), but I hit a wall about this conceptual issue.

In the meantime, I will try to add support for the triggering of custom actions
when ports change more prominently. Please feel free to ask more detailed questions.

Thanks. That are my details until now. Would be nice to have some kind of updateOn message that connects ports on specific events (text pane gets updated, node gets moved or something like that).

For text being updated, you have this. The port is called #text.

Here is an updated example of how to store the text as it is being written by using the block of a transmission:

objectStoringTheText := ''.
tabulator := GLMTabulator new.
tabulator column: #pane.
tabulator transmit
to: #pane;
andShow: [ :a | a text ].
tabulator transmit
from: #pane port: #text;
to: #pane port: #portIDoNotCareAbout;
transformed: [ :textComingFromThePresentation | objectStoringTheText := textComingFromThePresentation ].
tabulator openOn: text

In this case, objectStoringTheText is the object with which you can do what you want. In this case, in the transformed: block, I simply store the text in it as an example.

To test this example, just execute the code in a Moose image, then type something, and then inspect objectStoringTheText. You will see that it has the text that you typed.

Is this clearer now?

Cheers,
Doru

Cheers,
Doru

Cheers,

Offray

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

jfabry

Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)

On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.

In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.

Doru

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Great logo, great web site design. Apparently you use bootstrap ?

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I put together a new webpage at:
> http://moosetechnology.org
>
> The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put
> together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina, but
> until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ...
> different, including the logo.
>
> Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report
> problems if you see any.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: moosetechnology.org

SergeStinckwich
One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
too far from the Magma one :-)

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg

Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>
> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>
> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>
> Doru
>
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Serge Stinckwich
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Great logo, great web site design. Apparently you use bootstrap ?
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 4:41 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I put together a new webpage at:
>> > http://moosetechnology.org
>> >
>> > The old webpage got unstable and unmaintainable, so I decided to put
>> > together a static webpage for now. One goal would be to move to Marina,
>> > but
>> > until then we need a web presence. As you can see, the look is ...
>> > different, including the logo.
>> >
>> > Please take a look and let me know what you think, and of course, report
>> > problems if you see any.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Doru
>> >
>> > --
>> > www.tudorgirba.com
>> >
>> > "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"
>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moosetechnology.org

Uko2
Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8

> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
> too far from the Magma one :-)
>
> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>
> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>

> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>
>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>
>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>
>> Doru
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Serge Stinckwich
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great logo, great web site design. Apparently you use bootstrap ?

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>

>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>
>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moosetechnology.org

SergeStinckwich
Excellent ;-)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8
>
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
>> too far from the Magma one :-)
>>
>> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>>
>> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>>

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moosetechnology.org

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Hi All,

The new site looks good!
The install button bellow the logo is a bit awkward, but I see also its qualities.

Cheers,
M.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent ;-)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8
>
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
>> too far from the Magma one :-)
>>
>> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>>
>> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>>

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks.

What do you mean by awkward?

Doru

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

The new site looks good!
The install button bellow the logo is a bit awkward, but I see also its qualities.

Cheers,
M.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent ;-)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8
>
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
>> too far from the Magma one :-)
>>
>> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>>
>> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>>

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Mircea Filip Lungu-2
Argh. I apologize, I didn't say what I meant:

 - the positioning of the install button *above* the menu is unusual

Cheers,
M.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks.

What do you mean by awkward?

Doru

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

The new site looks good!
The install button bellow the logo is a bit awkward, but I see also its qualities.

Cheers,
M.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent ;-)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8
>
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
>> too far from the Magma one :-)
>>
>> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>>
>> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>>

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Tudor Girba-2
To some extent, it is, but then so is placing anything on top or to the lest of the menu bar is. But, is it confusing?

Doru

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Argh. I apologize, I didn't say what I meant:

 - the positioning of the install button *above* the menu is unusual

Cheers,
M.

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks.

What do you mean by awkward?

Doru

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Mircea Filip Lungu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

The new site looks good!
The install button bellow the logo is a bit awkward, but I see also its qualities.

Cheers,
M.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Excellent ;-)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Still it’s closer to rebels insignia http://www.amazon.com/Rebel-Insignia-Black-Rub-On-Sticker/dp/B00206Q8P8
>
>> On 15 Sep 2014, at 16:00, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> One japanese guy on Twitter reminded me that the new MOOSE logo is not
>> too far from the Magma one :-)
>>
>> https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(groupe)#mediaviewer/File:Symbole_de_Magma.jpg
>>
>> Magma was a progressive french rock band in the seventies:
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magma_(band)
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Looks very slick! I like the logo as well. :-)
>>>
>>> On Sep 14, 2014, at 10:25 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks. Yes, it is based on bootstrap.
>>>
>>> In the meantime, I also added a navigation bar to provide more context.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"
>>>

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD lab  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moosetechnology.org

Uko2
What I don’t like is that it jumps to the top when you scroll to download button. I’d make it stick to top when you scroll to it. SO it won’t jump :)