more help running glass... now topaz

EstebanLM
Hi again, I still need some help :(
I started gemstone by executing:

startGemstone
startnetldi
startSeaside_Hyper 8080 &

The gemstone is running, I can see the seaside browser on http://glass:8080/seaside
...but I want to execute topaz, and this is the message I'm getting:

GemStone: Error         Fatal
Unable to create a GemStone session.
Netldi 'gs64ldi' on host 'glass' reports the request 'gemnetobject'
failed:
Password validation failed for user glass because getspnam() returned
an error: errno=13,EACCES, Authorization failure (permission denied)
Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 4042 Arg Count: 0

same error happens if I try to log in with gemtools.
I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and installed
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3649105/glass-appliance-2010.02.01/installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh

any idea?

Thanks,
Esteban

"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: more help running glass... now topaz

Diogenes Moreira
I Can Guess.. you don't start the mantenance process..

do you try start with runSeaside script??

Best Regards

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: more help running glass... now topaz

jgfoster

On May 19, 2010, at 5:09 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi again, I still need some help :(
> I started gemstone by executing:
>
> startGemstone
> startnetldi
> startSeaside_Hyper 8080 &

Try adding some arguments to startnetldi, such as '-g -a <user>' where '<user>' is your OS user id.

James

Re: more help running glass... now topaz

SeanTAllen
what are you permissions on everything below /opt/gemstone?

how are you executing topaz? ( what command line )

do you have a .topazini for the glass user?

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi again, I still need some help :(
> I started gemstone by executing:
>
> startGemstone
> startnetldi
> startSeaside_Hyper 8080 &
>
> The gemstone is running, I can see the seaside browser on
> http://glass:8080/seaside
> ...but I want to execute topaz, and this is the message I'm getting:
>
> GemStone: Error         Fatal
> Unable to create a GemStone session.
> Netldi 'gs64ldi' on host 'glass' reports the request 'gemnetobject'
> failed:
> Password validation failed for user glass because getspnam() returned
> an error: errno=13,EACCES, Authorization failure (permission denied)
> Error Category: [GemStone] Number: 4042 Arg Count: 0
>
> same error happens if I try to log in with gemtools.
> I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and installed
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3649105/glass-appliance-2010.02.01/installGemstone2.4-Linux.sh
>

> any idea?
>
> Thanks,
> Esteban
>
> --
> "Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
> Camus. El míto de Sísifo.

Re: more help running glass... now topaz

EstebanLM
:( I was using startnetldi, and startnet is the appropiate script to use
now is working, thanks

Cheers,
Esteban