morphic goes crazy

ching
Hi Seaside,

This is not a new problem. On a windowsXP running a seaside app, squeak goes berserk once in a while where all you get are morphic halos when you left click anywhere whether on an empty space or on a workspace morph or class browser morph. Squeak essentially becomes useless as far as I can tell. All I can do is close the app and hope the problem goes away.
Yes, I closed Transcript.
Yes, I closed the flaps and all I have is a minimized workspace.

I had experienced this before and it just went away. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

Ching.

Re: morphic goes crazy

Colin Putney

On Sep 1, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Ching de la Serna wrote:

> This is not a new problem. On a windowsXP running a seaside app,
> squeak goes berserk once in a while where all you get are morphic
> halos when you left click anywhere whether on an empty space or on
> a workspace morph or class browser morph. Squeak essentially
> becomes useless as far as I can tell. All I can do is close the app
> and hope the problem goes away.
> Yes, I closed Transcript.
> Yes, I closed the flaps and all I have is a minimized workspace.
>
> I had experienced this before and it just went away. Does anyone
> have a fix for this?

There's a slight chance this is something silly. Recently I spent a
few minutes scratching my head over strange Morphic behavior, and
then noticed that my caps lock key was on. Could it be that you have
a sticky Alt key or something?

Colin

Re: morphic goes crazy

ching
Hi Colin, I wish it were something like that. I had to close everything and re-start my computer which cleared up everything. I will look out for sticky keys next time it happens. Thanks.

Ching

On 9/2/07, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Sep 1, 2007, at 1:58 AM, Ching de la Serna wrote:

> This is not a new problem. On a windowsXP running a seaside app,
> squeak goes berserk once in a while where all you get are morphic
> halos when you left click anywhere whether on an empty space or on
> a workspace morph or class browser morph. Squeak essentially
> becomes useless as far as I can tell. All I can do is close the app
> and hope the problem goes away.
> Yes, I closed Transcript.
> Yes, I closed the flaps and all I have is a minimized workspace.
>
> I had experienced this before and it just went away. Does anyone
> have a fix for this?

There's a slight chance this is something silly. Recently I spent a
few minutes scratching my head over strange Morphic behavior, and
then noticed that my caps lock key was on. Could it be that you have
a sticky Alt key or something?

Colin

Re: morphic goes crazy

Rajeev Lochan
Hi Ching,
I have my squeak hung sometimes during debugging session when I try to do something which squeak ends up in a non-ending cycle. When it is hung, only thing I can do is close Squeak and open that image again. Thanks to a procedure where you can revert all the changes you have made till the image was hung. When you right click on the background of squeak image, in various items listed, you have a Changes... option. Click on it and then you have Recently Logged out changes...Click that as well. Now you have options of all the recent sessions you have logged out or quit. Select the latest one and you can go through all the changes you have made and selectively revert the changes made(Just in case if you didn't know about this or may be other newbies are benefited by this)

Regards,
Rajeev

<a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)" href="http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside" target="_blank">http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/seaside

--
Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com

http://www.ar-cad.com
+91 9243468076 (Bangalore)
080 65355873

Re: morphic goes crazy

ching
Thanks Rajeev, that is certainly helpful.

Ching