motion capture lab was exhausting

Paul Sheldon-2
Two cameras capture triangulation in 3D. They aren't just ranging, you see,
where one would need three.

I asked if I could watch digital artists work together with techies,
but the graduate assistant wondered whether authority would think
that giving me a free class (he hadn't the authority to allow this).

Telling each other our adventures drained, but then I went off to exercise
dancing
and to try to slow down with a sick
call on a paralysed woman I'd like to get moving through virtual reality,
to slow down and rest. I didn't quite slow down.

We became aware how severely tired we were.

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Janet Hawtin

are you from a macromedia flash based group?

> I asked if I could watch digital artists work together with techies,
> but the graduate assistant wondered whether authority would think
> that giving me a free class (he hadn't the authority to allow this).

i am a noob and wanted to see what people were doing with croquet
am i in the wrong spot?

> We became aware how severely tired we were.

..?

Janet

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Peter Moore-5
Check out the croquet-dev list.

-Peter

On Jul 25, 2007, at 4:15 PM, Janet Hawtin wrote:

> are you from a macromedia flash based group?
>
>> I asked if I could watch digital artists work together with techies,
>> but the graduate assistant wondered whether authority would think
>> that giving me a free class (he hadn't the authority to allow this).
>
> i am a noob and wanted to see what people were doing with croquet
> am i in the wrong spot?
>
>> We became aware how severely tired we were.
>
> ..?
>
> Janet

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Paul Sheldon-2
"are you from a macromedia flash based group?"

I am almost alone, except, not anymore! When, after 17 years,
I got my Ph.D. in theoretical physics, I reveled in the fact
I could read whole textbooks I pleased without some professor
saying I wouldn't get a Ph.D. just doing that.

What fun I had without fear of never getting a Ph.D.

I have been interested in virtual reality with solo study of Interactive
Computer
Graphics, the whole textbook, trying to solve every problem
(one chapter was a royal bummer and would have consumed a lifetime,
so I didn't tackle that).

I also studied Maya PLE and went to siggraph San Antonio and had a blast.

Now I am studying a course by Americo.

http://opencroquet.org/index.php/Tutorials

Look for DMU, it's doable. He writes a Portuguese blog,
but I don't give a darn whether his English is terrible.

I might even insist that I learn Portuguese from streamripper Brazil
internet channel to iPod so I can keep up with a totally
Portuguese language company that uses supercomputers
to change the paradyme of advertising based on preprogrammed
programming to interactive gaming sets as the front end of this
multicell supercomputer.

Right now, for me, its Brazil DMU course and an article about
what I imagine to be decohering black hole horizons, but
I also love to fool with music interface and this wonderful new book,
"I am a Strange Loop" by Hofstadter who wrote GEB around 1980.

That's who I am, that's what I do.

Thanks for asking Janet.

Oh, I can't skip the old gag of Daniel Friedman, Institute of Advanced
Studies,
"It doesn't take a Ph.D. in theoretical physics to understand..." Americo!
I got gimp2 and blender working on a mac with Darwin portfiles
(I have a mac Americo teaches for pc's unless Steve Jobs gets into
one laptop per child too).

;-)

Thanks again for asking who I was, I'm still trying to figure that out
and I love when people ask now!

;-)

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Janet Hawtin

> Now I am studying a course by Americo.
> http://opencroquet.org/index.php/Tutorials

Excellent thanks

> Look for DMU, it's doable. He writes a Portuguese blog,
> but I don't give a darn whether his English is terrible.
> I might even insist that I learn Portuguese from streamripper Brazil
> internet channel to iPod so I can keep up with a totally
> Portuguese language company that uses supercomputers

I think there are a lot of funky things happening in the spanish and
portuguese speaking bits of the world. This is good advice =).

> Right now, for me, its Brazil DMU course and an article about
> what I imagine to be decohering black hole horizons, but
> I also love to fool with music interface and this wonderful new book,
> "I am a Strange Loop" by Hofstadter who wrote GEB around 1980.
>
> That's who I am, that's what I do.
> Thanks for asking Janet.

Cheers

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Robert Black

Like Peter said the dev list also but yes you are in the right spot. The list
looks pretty low volume.

On 7/26/07, Robert Black <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007 16:15, Janet Hawtin wrote:
> > i am a noob and wanted to see what people were doing with croquet
> > am i in the wrong spot?
> > Janet
>
> Like Peter said the dev list also but yes you are in the right spot. The list
> looks pretty low volume.

All good i am at squeak level at the moment but wanting to have an eye
for the bigger picture.
Hello from Adelaide Australia
http://groups.google.com.au/group/sasqueak?lnk=sg&hl=en

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Les Howell
Hi, Janet,
        No, Paul is our poet lauret here.  He waxes on all the aspects of
virtual reality in Croquet, as his interests are piqued.

        If you stick around, you will find Paul's inputs both enlightening and
puzzling, but worth the read.

        This is the developer list, and includes quite a few luminaries in
Croquet.  Have you downloaded the startup kit yet?

REgards,
Les H

On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 06:45 +0930, Janet Hawtin wrote:

> are you from a macromedia flash based group?
>
> > I asked if I could watch digital artists work together with techies,
> > but the graduate assistant wondered whether authority would think
> > that giving me a free class (he hadn't the authority to allow this).
>
> i am a noob and wanted to see what people were doing with croquet
> am i in the wrong spot?
>
> > We became aware how severely tired we were.
>
> ..?
>
> Janet

Re: motion capture lab was exhausting

Ross Boylan
On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 17:18 -0700, Les wrote:
>         This is the developer list, and includes quite a few
> luminaries in
> Croquet.  Have you downloaded the startup kit yet?

I thought croquet-user was the user list, or perhaps developers who use
Croquet, given its current state.
Ross