mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

Sven Crouse
Hi list.  On a Linux host with default mouse mappings in X ( "Button
Left"=1, "Button Middle"=2, "Button Right"=3 ) is there a setting to
enable the Right Button as blue button without requiring the control
key ?

Regardless, I'm unable to delete certain morphs ( e.g. RectangleMorph,
EllipseMorph ) in the World using the CTRL right-mouse button.  To
reproduce create a RectangleMorph in the World and try to delete
interactively.

Sven

Re: mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

Mariano Martinez Peck
In Settings -> System -> Keyboard -> Control and Alt keys

there are a couple of options, included "swapped". Maybe something there helps ?

Cheers

Mariano

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

Markus Schlager-2
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Sven Crouse wrote:

> Hi list.  On a Linux host with default mouse mappings in X ( "Button
> Left"=1, "Button Middle"=2, "Button Right"=3 ) is there a setting to
> enable the Right Button as blue button without requiring the control
> key ?

shift + middle button brings the halo up here on Linux.

Markus

Re: mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

Sven Crouse
Mariano Martinez Peck:
"Settings -> System -> Keyboard -> Control and Alt keys..."

changes the modifier key, but I'm looking not to have to use a modifier
with a multiple button mouse.

Markus Schlager:
"shift + middle button"

does bring up the halo allowing me do what I could not before.

So for any other beginners on Linux, middle button requires the use of
the shift modifier key and right button requires the use of the control
key or whatever modifier might be chosen from "Settings -> System ->
Keyboard -> Control and Alt keys".

Thanks for the replies,

Sven

Re: mouse buttons in Linux, deleting certain morphs

Markus Schlager-2
On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Sven Crouse wrote:

> changes the modifier key, but I'm looking not to have to use a modifier
> with a multiple button mouse.

Which is something I'd appreciate as well.

Markus