move to pharo 1.3

12

Re: move to pharo 1.3

cdelaunay
I noticed another problem (or maybe this is not a problem):
When browsing the source code of a methode in the standard code browser, I used to move the cursor using ctrl + right or left arrow. This does not work anymore. Instead of moving to the next word it just do nothing or sometimes it also select a part of the text.
In the workspace or in the debuger all is working correctly

2011/5/19 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
Hi Martin,

On 19 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Thanks. Please keep us posted.
> > >
> > > Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)
> >
> > I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
> >
> > Try this image:
> > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
> >

> > This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
> >
> > Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
> >
> > My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
> >
> > But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,
>
> Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:
>
> Just take a look at the output debug log:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/
>
> It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.
>
> Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.
>
> I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.
>
> Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.

It's not fixed :(

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Martin
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I sent an email about this on the pharo mailing list documenting why this is not a good practice. Nobody reacted.

Cheers,
Doru

On 19 May 2011, at 14:39, Cyrille Delaunay wrote:

> I noticed another problem (or maybe this is not a problem):
> When browsing the source code of a methode in the standard code browser, I used to move the cursor using ctrl + right or left arrow. This does not work anymore. Instead of moving to the next word it just do nothing or sometimes it also select a part of the text.
> In the workspace or in the debuger all is working correctly
>
> 2011/5/19 Tudor Girba <[hidden email]>
> Hi Martin,
>

> On 19 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
> > >
> > > Try this image:
> > > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
> > >

> > > This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
> > >
> > > Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
> > >
> > > My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
> > >
> > > But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,
> >
> > Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:
> >
> > Just take a look at the output debug log:
> > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/
> >
> > It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.
> >
> > Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.
> >
> > I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.
> >
> > Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.
>

> It's not fixed :(
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Martin
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We are all great at making mistakes."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Value is always contextual."

www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

tinchodias

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Martin,

On 19 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Thanks. Please keep us posted.
> > >
> > > Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)
> >
> > I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
> >
> > Try this image:
> > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
> >

> > This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
> >
> > Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
> >
> > My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
> >
> > But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,
>
> Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:
>
> Just take a look at the output debug log:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/
>
> It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.
>
> Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.
>
> I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.
>
> Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.

It's not fixed :(

Could you try again, please?
I am working blindly, I couldn't reproduce the bug, but I hope this is enough... if not... can I download the image after running tests?

Martin

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Martin
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi Martin,

I restarted a build, but it still does not work. You can download the image after running the tests from here:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/ws/moose-tests/*zip*/moose-tests.zip

But, more importantly you can download the script that is used to run the tests:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/ws/moose-tests/moose-tests.st

I can reproduce the errors by filing the moose-tests.st in the original Moose image.

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 6:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>

> On 19 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
> > >
> > > Try this image:
> > > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
> > >

> > > This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
> > >
> > > Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
> > >
> > > My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
> > >
> > > But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,
> >
> > Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:
> >
> > Just take a look at the output debug log:
> > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/
> >
> > It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.
> >
> > Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.
> >
> > I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.
> >
> > Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.
>

> It's not fixed :(
>

> Could you try again, please?
> I am working blindly, I couldn't reproduce the bug, but I hope this is enough... if not... can I download the image after running tests?
>
> Martin
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Martin
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We are all great at making mistakes."

> www.tudorgirba.com