move to pharo 1.3

12

move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi,

I started to move to Pharo 1.3:
- all builds on the server are now based point to the Pharo 1.3
- the first task was to get Moose to load properly, which now does
- I had to remove Circle class extensions from EyeSee because Circle is no longer in Pharo 1.3 (the implications are unclear)
- there are quite a number of errors, but most of them are in Glamour and are due to changes in Announcement.

I am working on it. I will get back with more details :).

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi again,

Glamour is basically fixed. There is only one Morphic test that fails on the server, but runs fine locally. I suspect it has to do with the size of the open window. Could someone look into it?

It also seems that FuelMooseExtension tests break on the server. Mariano, Martin, could you take a look at them? Here is one example:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateAbstractMethodWithTwoSubclasses/

Other than that there are a couple of tests that are failing in Moose, Mondrian and EyeSee.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2011, at 12:10, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I started to move to Pharo 1.3:
> - all builds on the server are now based point to the Pharo 1.3
> - the first task was to get Moose to load properly, which now does
> - I had to remove Circle class extensions from EyeSee because Circle is no longer in Pharo 1.3 (the implications are unclear)
> - there are quite a number of errors, but most of them are in Glamour and are due to changes in Announcement.
>
> I am working on it. I will get back with more details :).
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

abergel
Have you done any particular change related to event?
Plenty of tests are now red.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 May 2011, at 08:37, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Glamour is basically fixed. There is only one Morphic test that fails on the server, but runs fine locally. I suspect it has to do with the size of the open window. Could someone look into it?
>
> It also seems that FuelMooseExtension tests break on the server. Mariano, Martin, could you take a look at them? Here is one example:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateAbstractMethodWithTwoSubclasses/
>
> Other than that there are a couple of tests that are failing in Moose, Mondrian and EyeSee.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 18 May 2011, at 12:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I started to move to Pharo 1.3:
>> - all builds on the server are now based point to the Pharo 1.3
>> - the first task was to get Moose to load properly, which now does
>> - I had to remove Circle class extensions from EyeSee because Circle is no longer in Pharo 1.3 (the implications are unclear)
>> - there are quite a number of errors, but most of them are in Glamour and are due to changes in Announcement.
>>
>> I am working on it. I will get back with more details :).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi Alex,

On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Have you done any particular change related to event?

What event?

> Plenty of tests are now red.

Most tests are red because of Fuel. I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 18 May 2011, at 08:37, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Glamour is basically fixed. There is only one Morphic test that fails on the server, but runs fine locally. I suspect it has to do with the size of the open window. Could someone look into it?
>>
>> It also seems that FuelMooseExtension tests break on the server. Mariano, Martin, could you take a look at them? Here is one example:
>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateAbstractMethodWithTwoSubclasses/
>>
>> Other than that there are a couple of tests that are failing in Moose, Mondrian and EyeSee.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 18 May 2011, at 12:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I started to move to Pharo 1.3:
>>> - all builds on the server are now based point to the Pharo 1.3
>>> - the first task was to get Moose to load properly, which now does
>>> - I had to remove Circle class extensions from EyeSee because Circle is no longer in Pharo 1.3 (the implications are unclear)
>>> - there are quite a number of errors, but most of them are in Glamour and are due to changes in Announcement.
>>>
>>> I am working on it. I will get back with more details :).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: move to pharo 1.3

abergel
>> Have you done any particular change related to event?
>
> What event?

MOAnnouncer had to be updated.
But the situation is under control. Mondrian 2.92 has all its green tests in Pharo 1.3. However, many of them are red in Pharo 1.2

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 May 2011, at 17:06, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

>>> Have you done any particular change related to event?
>>
>> What event?
>
> MOAnnouncer had to be updated.

GLMAnnouncer had to be updated as well.

> But the situation is under control. Mondrian 2.92 has all its green tests in Pharo 1.3. However, many of them are red in Pharo 1.2

That is fine. This is why we released 4.4 on Pharo 1.2. Now the only cool thing to have would be a reloadable configuration :)

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Alex,

On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Have you done any particular change related to event?

What event?

> Plenty of tests are now red.

Most tests are red because of Fuel.

Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.

I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 18 May 2011, at 08:37, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>>
>> Glamour is basically fixed. There is only one Morphic test that fails on the server, but runs fine locally. I suspect it has to do with the size of the open window. Could someone look into it?
>>
>> It also seems that FuelMooseExtension tests break on the server. Mariano, Martin, could you take a look at them? Here is one example:
>> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateAbstractMethodWithTwoSubclasses/
>>
>> Other than that there are a couple of tests that are failing in Moose, Mondrian and EyeSee.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 18 May 2011, at 12:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I started to move to Pharo 1.3:
>>> - all builds on the server are now based point to the Pharo 1.3
>>> - the first task was to get Moose to load properly, which now does
>>> - I had to remove Circle class extensions from EyeSee because Circle is no longer in Pharo 1.3 (the implications are unclear)
>>> - there are quite a number of errors, but most of them are in Glamour and are due to changes in Announcement.
>>>
>>> I am working on it. I will get back with more details :).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "There are no old things, there are only old ways of looking at them."
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
> > Have you done any particular change related to event?
>
> What event?
>
> > Plenty of tests are now red.
>
> Most tests are red because of Fuel.
>
> Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.

No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.

Cheers,
Doru

> I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Alexandre
> >

> > On 18 May 2011, at 08:37, Tudor Girba wrote:
> >
> >> Hi again,
> >>
> >> Glamour is basically fixed. There is only one Morphic test that fails on the server, but runs fine locally. I suspect it has to do with the size of the open window. Could someone look into it?
> >>
> >> It also seems that FuelMooseExtension tests break on the server. Mariano, Martin, could you take a look at them? Here is one example:
> >> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateAbstractMethodWithTwoSubclasses/
> >>
> >> Other than that there are a couple of tests that are failing in Moose, Mondrian and EyeSee.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Doru

> >> --
> >> www.tudorgirba.com
> >>
> >> "Every thing should have the right to be different."

> > --
> > _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> > Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> > ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

tinchodias

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
> > Have you done any particular change related to event?
>
> What event?
>
> > Plenty of tests are now red.
>
> Most tests are red because of Fuel.
>
> Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.

No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.

I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> >
> > > Have you done any particular change related to event?
> >
> > What event?
> >
> > > Plenty of tests are now red.
> >
> > Most tests are red because of Fuel.
> >
> > Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.
>
> No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
>
> I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.

Thanks. Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Alexandre

> > > --
> > > _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> > > Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> > > ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

> > --
> > Mariano
> > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

tinchodias

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 16:35, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
> >
> > > Have you done any particular change related to event?
> >
> > What event?
> >
> > > Plenty of tests are now red.
> >
> > Most tests are red because of Fuel.
> >
> > Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.
>
> No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
>
> I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.

Thanks. Please keep us posted.

Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Alexandre

> > > --
> > > _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
> > > Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
> > > ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

> > --
> > Mariano
> > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Some battles are better lost than fought."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

jfabry

+1!

--
Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba

On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Alex,

> > > What event?

> > > Most tests are red because of Fuel.
> > >
> > > Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.
> >
> > No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
> >
> > I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> > Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.
>
> Thanks. Please keep us posted.
>
> Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)

I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.

Try this image:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

> > > --
> > > Mariano
> > > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Some battles are better lost than fought."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

abergel
Clearly, the tooling around Metacello is insufficient for producing a version of Moose. I spent so many hours on this task.

I have produced MonticelloBrowser, but I got bitten by it. I had to manually fix many version of Mondrian.

Cheers,
Alexandre

On 18 May 2011, at 12:47, Johan Fabry wrote:

> +1!
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 11:13, Tudor Girba wrote:
>

>>> But the situation is under control. Mondrian 2.92 has all its green tests in Pharo 1.3. However, many of them are red in Pharo 1.2
>>
>> That is fine. This is why we released 4.4 on Pharo 1.2. Now the only cool thing to have would be a reloadable configuration :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>
> --
> Johan Fabry
> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: move to pharo 1.3

jfabry
This is strange to me as conceptually the algorithm is simple. Roughly I would do something like this:

|pre post toload|

pre := Pharo1.2.1 allloadedpackages collect:[:pack| pack monticelloinformation].
post := Moose4.4 allloadedpackages collect:[:pack| pack monticelloinformation].
toload := (post - pre) asSortedCollection: [:core :extension | extension dependsOn: core].
toload do: [:thisguy | Gofer load: thisguy].

The devil of course is in the details. Yet I do not see why the tooling would not be able to produce the toload list.

On 18 May 2011, at 12:54, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Clearly, the tooling around Metacello is insufficient for producing a version of Moose. I spent so many hours on this task.
>
> I have produced MonticelloBrowser, but I got bitten by it. I had to manually fix many version of Mondrian.
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>

> On 18 May 2011, at 12:47, Johan Fabry wrote:
>

>> +1!

>>> That is fine. This is why we released 4.4 on Pharo 1.2. Now the only cool thing to have would be a reloadable configuration :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>
>> --
>> Johan Fabry
>> [hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Johan Fabry
[hidden email] - http://dcc.uchile.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: move to pharo 1.3

tinchodias

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 17:23, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi Alex,

> > > What event?

> > > Most tests are red because of Fuel.
> > >
> > > Doru, was this fixed by the email you send before (a missing version on squeaksource) or even with that there are red tests? because they should all be green.
> >
> > No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
> >
> > I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> > Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.
>
> Thanks. Please keep us posted.
>
> Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)

I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.

Try this image:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip

This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).

Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.

My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.

But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > I am looking into the others. It seems that one issue is related to the way Pharo behaves headless, but I do not have enough info yet.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

> > > --
> > > Mariano
> > > http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Some battles are better lost than fought."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

abergel
> This is strange to me as conceptually the algorithm is simple. Roughly I would do something like this:
>
> |pre post toload|
>
> pre := Pharo1.2.1 allloadedpackages collect:[:pack| pack monticelloinformation].
> post := Moose4.4 allloadedpackages collect:[:pack| pack monticelloinformation].
> toload := (post - pre) asSortedCollection: [:core :extension | extension dependsOn: core].
> toload do: [:thisguy | Gofer load: thisguy].
>
> The devil of course is in the details. Yet I do not see why the tooling would not be able to produce the toload list.

I do not have a good answer to your question.

Alexandre

On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
> > >
> > > I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> > > Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.
> >
> > Thanks. Please keep us posted.
> >
> > Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)
>
> I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
>
> Try this image:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>

> This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
>
> Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
>
> My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
>
> But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,

Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:

Just take a look at the output debug log:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/

It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "Some battles are better lost than fought."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

tinchodias
On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 18:23, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > No. The tests are still red. Just please pay attention that the issue is with the Moose-specific Fuel tests, not with the Fuel engine. The problem is that I do not have enough know-how to debug it.
> > >
> > > I am downloading the #185 to see the bug.
> > > Fuel core runs on Pharo1.3 but I never tried the Moose packages.
> >
> > Thanks. Please keep us posted.
> >
> > Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)
>
> I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
>
> Try this image:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
>

> This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
>
> Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
>
> My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
>
> But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,

Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:

Just take a look at the output debug log:
http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/

It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.

Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.

I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.

Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.

Cheers,
Martin

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "Some battles are better lost than fought."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: move to pharo 1.3

Tudor Girba
Hi Martin,

On 19 May 2011, at 07:31, Martin Dias wrote:

> On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 18 May 2011, at 22:11, Martin Dias wrote:
>

> > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 18 May 2011, at 18:43, Martin Dias wrote:
> >

> > > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Thanks. Please keep us posted.
> > >
> > > Should be okey to download the http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/385/artifact/moose_suite-4_5_dev.zip to see the test running? When I open it, it closes automatically one second later. (Windows platform)
> >
> > I do not have Windows, so maybe there is a problem with one click.
> >
> > Try this image:
> > http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose/*zip*/moose.zip
> >

> > This version is fine... but too fine! All Fuel tests are green (160).
> >
> > Looking at the tests stack trace I couldn't guess what is the problem.
> >
> > My only suspect is that the two test cases that fail are not nice: they are subclasses of concrete Famix test cases, FamixModelExtractionTest and FamixInvocationsTest.
> >
> > But I ran that Famix tests cases and the the Fuel dependent ones are everything is still green,,,
>
> Something is strange. The tests seem to become red because of one error: a nil in the set from classDependenciesOf:
>
> Just take a look at the output debug log:
> http://ci.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/386/testReport/junit/FuelMooseExtension.Tests/FLInvocationsSerializationTest/testCandidateInvocationsThree/
>
> It's strange that it cannot be reproduced locally.
>
> Yes, I firstly thought that it was because I use Windows but Mariano obtained the same, green tests.
>
> I suspect of an "external" test resource is coming broken (LANPackageTestResource), so I uploaded a new version that resets it before using it.
>
> Please launch a build to check if it's fixed.

It's not fixed :(

Cheers,
Doru

> Cheers,
> Martin
>

> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> > Cheers,
> > Doru
> >

> > > Cheers,
> > > Doru

> > > --
> > > www.tudorgirba.com
> > >
> > > "We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

> > --
> > www.tudorgirba.com
> >
> > "Next time you see your life passing by, say 'hi' and get to know her."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "We are all great at making mistakes."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."