moving Finder up to first level of World menu

moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Ben Coman

Has any consideration been given to moving World > Tools > Finder up to
World > Finder.
I find this is core to my work flow and I it is used much more often
than any of System Browser, Workspace, Test Runner or Monticello Browser
- and I wonder if anyone finds the same?

cheers -ben

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
btc wrote
- and I wonder if anyone finds the same?
Yes, I always add that in my images (as well as commands to build fresh 1.3/1.4/etc image, and open the issue tracker/jenkins in a browser).
Cheers,
Sean

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Benjamin Van Ryseghem (Pharo)
+1 :)

You can also use the finder plugin for Nautilus made by Damien Cassou :)

Ben

Benjamin wrote:
> +1 :)
>
> You can also use the finder plugin for Nautilus made by Damien Cassou :)
>
> Ben

Thanks. I'll try it.

> On May 30, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Ben Coman wrote:
>

>> Has any consideration been given to moving World > Tools > Finder up to World > Finder.
>> I find this is core to my work flow and I it is used much more often than any of System Browser, Workspace, Test Runner or Monticello Browser - and I wonder if anyone finds the same?
>>
>> cheers -ben

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

BTW ben I prefer
        Examples than pattern.
        because Pattern to me measn something else.

We should also give us access to update spec and nautilus directly because like that we are not the bottleneck.

Stef

On May 30, 2012, at 4:02 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> BTW ben I prefer
> Examples than pattern.
> because Pattern to me measn something else.

I know :) But some people argue the opposite so I just picked :)

> We should also give us access to update spec and nautilus directly because like that we are not the bottleneck.

What o you mean ?

Ben

> Stef
>
> On May 30, 2012, at 6:12 PM, Benjamin wrote:
>
>> +1 :)
>>
>> You can also use the finder plugin for Nautilus made by Damien Cassou :)
>>
>> Ben
>>
>> On May 30, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Ben Coman wrote:
>>

>>> Has any consideration been given to moving World > Tools > Finder up to World > Finder.
>>> I find this is core to my work flow and I it is used much more often than any of System Browser, Workspace, Test Runner or Monticello Browser - and I wonder if anyone finds the same?
>>>
>>> cheers -ben

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Stéphane Ducasse

>> Examples than pattern.
>> because Pattern to me measn something else.
>
> I know :) But some people argue the opposite so I just picked :)
>

>> We should also give us access to update spec and nautilus directly because like that we are not the bottleneck.
>
> What o you mean ?

that you should commit directly your changes to nautilus and spec and that we do not have to do it.
But right now focus on the paper. Can you create a svn repo?

Stef

> Ben
>
>> Stef
>>
>> On May 30, 2012, at 6:12 PM, Benjamin wrote:
>>
>>> +1 :)
>>>
>>> You can also use the finder plugin for Nautilus made by Damien Cassou :)
>>>
>>> Ben

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Fernando olivero-2
How i can install/see plugins for Nautilus?

Fernando

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>>>      Examples than pattern.
>>>      because Pattern to me measn something else.
>>
>> I know :) But some people argue the opposite so I just picked :)
>>

>>> We should also give us access to update spec and nautilus directly because like that we are not the bottleneck.
>>
>> What o you mean ?
>
> that you should commit directly your changes to nautilus and spec and that we do not have to do it.
> But right now focus on the paper. Can you create a svn repo?
>
> Stef
>

>> Ben
>>
>>> Stef

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Mariano Martinez Peck

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: moving Finder up to first level of World menu

Fernando olivero-2
NICE. Excellent summary, thanks Mariano.

gracias totales!
Fernando
pd: i will start using  Spotlight right away!