moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.

I tried to load Glamour I got some problem. I can help.

> Cheers,
> Doru

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Esteban is already looking into Glamour. Let's wait for him to see
what he says this evening.

Cheers,
Doru

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.
>
> I tried to load Glamour I got some problem. I can help.
>

>> Cheers,
>> Doru

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
ok... glamour now loads on pharo 1.4

stable version is glamour 2.3 (2.2 still loads fine on pharo 1.3)

this are the actions taken:

-adjusted to morphic changes
-adjusted to new announcements
-annoucement colition fixed by renaming announcer with glmAnnouncer (need revision)
-changed GLMTreeMorphModel parent with PaginatedMorphTreeModel
-added couple of missing methods
-MenuIcons replaced with ThemeIcons

there are still some errors on running tests, but most of them are because #mouseUp:onMorph:  is not a valid message anymore. I do not know how to fix those errors...

best,
Esteban

El 13/02/2012, a las 10:24a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Esteban is already looking into Glamour. Let's wait for him to see
> what he says this evening.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.
>>
>> I tried to load Glamour I got some problem. I can help.
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Thanks, Esteban. I will review the code.

I saw that you are based on an older -Morphic package, so we need to merge.

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Feb 2012, at 18:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> ok... glamour now loads on pharo 1.4
>
> stable version is glamour 2.3 (2.2 still loads fine on pharo 1.3)
>
> this are the actions taken:
>
> -adjusted to morphic changes
> -adjusted to new announcements
> -annoucement colition fixed by renaming announcer with glmAnnouncer (need revision)
> -changed GLMTreeMorphModel parent with PaginatedMorphTreeModel
> -added couple of missing methods
> -MenuIcons replaced with ThemeIcons
>
> there are still some errors on running tests, but most of them are because #mouseUp:onMorph:  is not a valid message anymore. I do not know how to fix those errors...
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> El 13/02/2012, a las 10:24a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Esteban is already looking into Glamour. Let's wait for him to see
>> what he says this evening.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru

>>> I tried to load Glamour I got some problem. I can help.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

www.tudorgirba.com

"One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

EstebanLM
oops... didn't notice that. I started loading 2.2, not bleedingEdge :(

El 13/02/2012, a las 4:41p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Thanks, Esteban. I will review the code.
>
> I saw that you are based on an older -Morphic package, so we need to merge.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 13 Feb 2012, at 18:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> ok... glamour now loads on pharo 1.4
>>
>> stable version is glamour 2.3 (2.2 still loads fine on pharo 1.3)
>>
>> this are the actions taken:
>>
>> -adjusted to morphic changes
>> -adjusted to new announcements
>> -annoucement colition fixed by renaming announcer with glmAnnouncer (need revision)
>> -changed GLMTreeMorphModel parent with PaginatedMorphTreeModel
>> -added couple of missing methods
>> -MenuIcons replaced with ThemeIcons
>>
>> there are still some errors on running tests, but most of them are because #mouseUp:onMorph:  is not a valid message anymore. I do not know how to fix those errors...
>>
>> best,
>> Esteban
>>
>> El 13/02/2012, a las 10:24a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Esteban is already looking into Glamour. Let's wait for him to see
>>> what he says this evening.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "One cannot do more than one can do."

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

We now have a build that loads the code. We've got something like 69 problems:
http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/829/

I merged Glamour, but it still does not quite work.

Cheers,
Doru

On 13 Feb 2012, at 21:03, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> oops... didn't notice that. I started loading 2.2, not bleedingEdge :(
>
> El 13/02/2012, a las 4:41p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>
>> Thanks, Esteban. I will review the code.
>>
>> I saw that you are based on an older -Morphic package, so we need to merge.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 13 Feb 2012, at 18:39, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> ok... glamour now loads on pharo 1.4
>>>
>>> stable version is glamour 2.3 (2.2 still loads fine on pharo 1.3)
>>>
>>> this are the actions taken:
>>>
>>> -adjusted to morphic changes
>>> -adjusted to new announcements
>>> -annoucement colition fixed by renaming announcer with glmAnnouncer (need revision)
>>> -changed GLMTreeMorphModel parent with PaginatedMorphTreeModel
>>> -added couple of missing methods
>>> -MenuIcons replaced with ThemeIcons
>>>
>>> there are still some errors on running tests, but most of them are because #mouseUp:onMorph:  is not a valid message anymore. I do not know how to fix those errors...
>>>
>>> best,
>>> Esteban

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

www.tudorgirba.com

"In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
I forgot to mention:
At the moment, we still load 'default'. After we get it running again, we will move to a new set of configurations.

Cheers,
Doru

On 14 Feb 2012, at 08:36, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We now have a build that loads the code. We've got something like 69 problems:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/829/
>
> I merged Glamour, but it still does not quite work.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 13 Feb 2012, at 21:03, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> oops... didn't notice that. I started loading 2.2, not bleedingEdge :(
>>
>> El 13/02/2012, a las 4:41p.m., Tudor Girba escribió:
>>
>>> Thanks, Esteban. I will review the code.
>>>
>>> I saw that you are based on an older -Morphic package, so we need to merge.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

Innovation comes in least expected form.
That is, if it is expected, it already happened.

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

We now have 12 problematic tests. Interesting enough the Fame tests
seem to be fine locally, but break in headless mode on the server.

It would be great if someone could take a look at these problems, too.

Furthermore, we still have the issue that the scrolling does not work
in the Glamour finder. This means that the Moose Panel is not working.
So, this is basically the only blocking issue.

Cheers,
Doru

p.s. for the record: The effort until now was 5 hours on my side + the
time of Esteban.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I forgot to mention:
> At the moment, we still load 'default'. After we get it running again, we will move to a new set of configurations.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 14 Feb 2012, at 08:36, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> We now have a build that loads the code. We've got something like 69 problems:
>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/829/
>>
>> I merged Glamour, but it still does not quite work.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 13 Feb 2012, at 21:03, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>>
>>> oops... didn't notice that. I started loading 2.2, not bleedingEdge :(

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
>> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> Innovation comes in least expected form.
> That is, if it is expected, it already happened.

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent!

> Hi,
>
> We now have 12 problematic tests. Interesting enough the Fame tests
> seem to be fine locally, but break in headless mode on the server.

I'm really puzzled.

> It would be great if someone could take a look at these problems, too.
>
> Furthermore, we still have the issue that the scrolling does not work
> in the Glamour finder. This means that the Moose Panel is not working.
> So, this is basically the only blocking issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>
> p.s. for the record: The effort until now was 5 hours on my side + the
> time of Esteban.
>

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I forgot to mention:
>> At the moment, we still load 'default'. After we get it running again, we will move to a new set of configurations.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 14 Feb 2012, at 08:36, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> We now have a build that loads the code. We've got something like 69 problems:
>>> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-latest-dev/829/
>>>
>>> I merged Glamour, but it still does not quite work.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "In a world where everything is moving ever faster,
>>> one might have better chances to win by moving slower."
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> Innovation comes in least expected form.
>> That is, if it is expected, it already happened.
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

abergel
Would it be possible to load Nautilus ?

Alexandre

On 13 Feb 2012, at 01:38, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "One cannot do more than one can do."

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
It would be, but the loading of the configuration did not quite work
until now without some other steps. For example, RPackage was not
loaded.

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would it be possible to load Nautilus ?
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 13 Feb 2012, at 01:38, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

abergel
Okay, but how do you develop in Moose then? Without refactoring?
There has been long discussion in the Pharo ML that I haven't closely followed.
RPackage does not load in Pharo 1.4?

Alexandre

On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:42, Tudor Girba wrote:

> It would be, but the loading of the configuration did not quite work
> until now without some other steps. For example, RPackage was not
> loaded.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Alexandre Bergel
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Would it be possible to load Nautilus ?
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 13 Feb 2012, at 01:38, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Now that Moose 4.6 is out, we will move to Pharo 1.4. I will start working on it this week. It would be great to get some help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "One cannot do more than one can do."

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

abergel
I've just tried to load Nautilus. It works apparently well.
I there anything obvious that I did not see to prevent using Nautilus in the last moose?

Nautilus is cool!

Alexandre

On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:50, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Okay, but how do you develop in Moose then? Without refactoring?
> There has been long discussion in the Pharo ML that I haven't closely followed.
> RPackage does not load in Pharo 1.4?
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:42, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> It would be, but the loading of the configuration did not quite work
>> until now without some other steps. For example, RPackage was not
>> loaded.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Alexandre Bergel
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Would it be possible to load Nautilus ?
>>>
>>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow"

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Now, it might be Ok. Two weeks ago it wasn't :)

I will add it to the load.

Doru

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Alexandre Bergel
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've just tried to load Nautilus. It works apparently well.
> I there anything obvious that I did not see to prevent using Nautilus in the last moose?
>
> Nautilus is cool!
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:50, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> Okay, but how do you develop in Moose then? Without refactoring?
>> There has been long discussion in the Pharo ML that I haven't closely followed.
>> RPackage does not load in Pharo 1.4?
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:42, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> It would be, but the loading of the configuration did not quite work
>>> until now without some other steps. For example, RPackage was not
>>> loaded.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now, it might be Ok. Two weeks ago it wasn't :)

Last week I fixed ConfoigurationOfNautilus so that it loads everything correctly.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've just tried to load Nautilus. It works apparently well.
> I there anything obvious that I did not see to prevent using Nautilus in the last moose?
>
> Nautilus is cool!
>
> Alexandre
>

> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:50, Alexandre Bergel wrote:
>
>> Okay, but how do you develop in Moose then? Without refactoring?
>> There has been long discussion in the Pharo ML that I haven't closely followed.
>> RPackage does not load in Pharo 1.4?
>>
>> Alexandre
>>

>> On 2 Mar 2012, at 08:42, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> It would be, but the loading of the configuration did not quite work
>>> until now without some other steps. For example, RPackage was not
>>> loaded.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow"

>> --
>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: moving to pharo 1.4

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I tried to get it in the Moose image, but at the moment I had to revert because there is a problem due to Nautilus forking Moose-Algos. I guess this should be solved soon.

Cheers,
Doru