mscomct2.ocx

Chris Uppal-3
Hi,

I've just tracked down the source of occasional messages

    Resource library mscomct2.ocx could not be
    opened ('mscomct2.ocx' (16r2: The system cannot find the file
    specified.))

appearing in my transcript.  It seems to happen when I can see MonthView in the
CHB, and is coming from a failed attempt to retrieve the class's icon.

The only filename in my C:\Windows directory with a similar name is
MSCOMCTL.OCX.

I'm running WinXP Pro.  Is this a problem with my installation  ?  (The absence
of mscomct2.ocx, I mean, I already know that the presence of XP is a problem...
;-)

    -- chris

Re: mscomct2.ocx

Ian Bartholomew-18
Chris,

>     Resource library mscomct2.ocx could not be
>     opened ('mscomct2.ocx' (16r2: The system cannot find the file
>     specified.))

Dolphin provides a wrapper for MonthView but it only works if the
mscomct2.ocx file is present.  If it is not present then you get the
warning you mention (see the MonthView class comment and earlier replies
in the n/g).

The same also applies (or used to?) to the msmask32.ocx file and the
MaskedEdit class.

> I'm running WinXP Pro.  Is this a problem with my installation  ?

mscomct2.ocx is, supposedly, included with a lot of MS programming
tools.  However, I've got a copy of the ocx on my system, and no MS
programming tools, so I would guess it comes with other MS products as
well?

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: mscomct2.ocx

Chris Uppal-3
Ian,

> Dolphin provides a wrapper for MonthView but it only works if the
> mscomct2.ocx file is present.  If it is not present then you get the
> warning you mention (see the MonthView class comment and earlier replies
> in the n/g).

Right as ever Ian, thank you.

Now that you remind me, I have seen messages about this before -- I should have
remembered.

For the sake of the next person to wonder about this issue, MS seem to have
stopped distributing mscomct2.ocx with VB.  I have a complete install of "VS
Studio.Net 2003" on this machine (installed from clean on a new XP box), and I
have no mscomct2.ocx.

Well, actually I do, there's one in:
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\SDK\v1.1\Samples\Technologies\Interop\Applications\Bank
which leads me to suspect that MS are deprecating the OCX form of this
control...

Anyway, unload package 'MonthView' and problem solved!

    -- chris

Re: mscomct2.ocx

Sebastián Sastre
Chris,

    I also have this warning when scrolling down the resource view
Resource library mscomct2.ocx could not be opened ('mscomct2.ocx' (16r2: El
sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado.))

    I'm running a WinXP Pro spanish version

regards,

--
Sebastián Sastre
[hidden email]

mensaje news:3fd9bc4d$0$23269$[hidden email]...