mse loading looks slower :(

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am doing some performance testing of Moose with the Spur VM on Mac.

I tried to load an MSE file with ArgoUML 0.34 and on my machine it loads twice as slow with Spur than before:
- PreSpur: 0:00:01:07.272
- Spur: 0:00:02:10.508

Here is the reference file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18323746/Tmp/ArgoUML-0-34.mse.zip

And here is the script:
[
        MooseModel new
                importFromMSEStream: (StandardFileStream readOnlyFileNamed:
                        (FileSystem workingDirectory / 'src' / 'ArgoUML-0-34' / 'ArgoUML-0-34.mse') fullName).
        ] timeToRun

Do you get the same?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Problem solving should be focused on describing
the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

Re: mse loading looks slower :(

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am talking about the difference between Moose 6 images:
- October 7:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-6.0/504/artifact/moose-6.0.zip

- yesterday:
https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-6.0/1175/artifact/moose-6.0.zip

Multiple things did change, but not in Moose. In the end, I would like to understand where the slowness comes. Maybe it comes from Spur itself, but maybe it comes from somewhere else.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 24, 2016, at 1:41 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Doru...just to be sure it is not a Pharo (image change), when you said before and after Spur, do you mean a Pharo 5.0 exactly (just before Spur) and a Pharo JUST after it?  Otherwise, the slowness may come from the difference between the 2 Pharos you are running.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 5:55 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing some performance testing of Moose with the Spur VM on Mac.
>
> I tried to load an MSE file with ArgoUML 0.34 and on my machine it loads twice as slow with Spur than before:
> - PreSpur: 0:00:01:07.272
> - Spur: 0:00:02:10.508
>
> Here is the reference file:
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18323746/Tmp/ArgoUML-0-34.mse.zip
>
> And here is the script:
> [
>         MooseModel new
>                 importFromMSEStream: (StandardFileStream readOnlyFileNamed:
>                         (FileSystem workingDirectory / 'src' / 'ArgoUML-0-34' / 'ArgoUML-0-34.mse') fullName).
>         ] timeToRun
>
> Do you get the same?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Problem solving should be focused on describing
> the problem in a way that makes the solution obvious."

> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"