multilanguage

Carlos Crosetti-3
Hi, is ther an example of a Seaside application skeleton with multi language support? I am interested in having at leeast
English, Spanish, German, Franch and Italian.

Regards, Carlos

Re: multilanguage

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
<base href="x-msg://194/">
Hi Carlos,

our apps are trilingual and we basically implemented #translated in String to delegate what to do to the session. Then the session decides the destination language and delegates the translation to the polyglot helper we've made.

Once you have that, all you need is a little webapp that allows you to edit the phrases of each translation.

I can promise you that this is not big deal, maybe I should blog details about it

On Nov 13, 2010, at 2:08 PM, Carlos Crosetti wrote:

Hi, is ther an example of a Seaside application skeleton with multi language support? I am interested in having at leeast
English, Spanish, German, Franch and Italian.

Regards, Carlos

Re: multilanguage

Carlos Crosetti-3
<BASE href=x-msg://194/>
Thanks for the promt reply

AW: [Seaside] multilanguage

Georg Heeg

Carlos,

As you might know, seaBreeze (http://seabreeze.heeg.de) is a UI builder for Seaside application. Currently we are in the process of making it multi lingual in cooperation with Anhalt University Software Localization.

Here is a screen shot of a small app:

Here are more:

And here is a first screenshot with the editor showing the same app:

This new version is still under development, it also supports browser settings of the end user and the region of her/his IP address. We are confident to make it available before the end of the year.

Georg

Georg Heeg eK, Dortmund und Köthen, HR Dortmund A 12812

Wallstraße 22, 06366 Köthen

Tel. +49-3496-214328, Fax +49-3496-214712

Hi, is ther an example of a Seaside application skeleton with multi language support? I am interested in having at leeast

English, Spanish, German, Franch and Italian.

Regards, Carlos

Re: multilanguage

Carlos Crosetti-3
Georg,  have seen the Seabreeze name for a while but never imagined it was an UI builder, thanks for sharing this, reards, Carlos

Hi, is ther an example of a Seaside application skeleton with multi language support? I am interested in having at leeast

English, Spanish, German, Franch and Italian.

Regards, Carlos

Re: multilanguage

AA-2
Yes, please! I'd love to hear details about how you did this...

Amir

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:34:25 -0200
Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> our apps are trilingual and we basically implemented #translated in String to delegate what to do to the session. Then the session decides the destination language and delegates the translation to the polyglot helper we've made.
>
> Once you have that, all you need is a little webapp that allows you to edit the phrases of each translation.
>
> I can promise you that this is not big deal, maybe I should blog details about it
>
> sebastian

XML Writer

Carlos Crosetti-3

Hi, looking at the XMLWriter Is that the examples tags are all lower'case and some composite names joined by dashes.

Is on fre to namea tag like MyNewTagInAction?  Or urlForDownload?

addressBookXML
 ^'<addressbook>
  <person employee-number="A0000" family-name="Gates" first-name="Bob">
    <contact-info><!--Confidential--></contact-info>
    <address city="Los Angeles" number="1239" state="CA" street="Pine Rd."/>
    <job-info employee-type="Full-Time" is-manager="no" job-description="Manager"/>
    <manager employee-number="A0000"/>
  </person>
  <person employee-number="A7000" family-name="Brown"
    first-name="Robert" middle-initial="L.">
    <contact-info>
      <email address="<A href='mailto:robb@iro.ibm.com"/'>robb@..."/>
      <home-phone number="03-3987873"/>
    </contact-info>
    <address city="New York" number="344" state="NY" street="118 St."/>
    <job-info employee-type="Full-Time" is-manager="yes" job-description="Group Leader"/>
    <manager employee-number="A0000"/>
  </person>
  <person employee-number="A7890" family-name="DePaiva"
    first-name="Kassie" middle-initial="W.">
    <contact-info><!-- Kassie''s agent phone: 03-987654 --></contact-info>
    <address city="Los Angeles" number="1234" state="CA" street="Pine Rd."/>
    <job-info employee-type="Full-Time" is-manager="no" job-description="Actor"/>
    <manager employee-number="A0000"/>
    <misc-info>One of the most talented actresses on Daytime. Kassie
      plays the devious and beautiful Blair Cramer on ABC&apos;s
      &quot;One Life To Live.&quot;</misc-info>
  </person>
  <person employee-number="A7987" family-name="Smith" first-name="Joe">
    <contact-info>
      <email address="<A href='mailto:joes@iro.ibm.com"/'>joes@..."/>
      <mobile-phone number="888-7657765"/>
      <home-phone number="03-8767898"/>
      <home-phone number="03-8767871"/>
    </contact-info>
    <address city="New York" number="12789" state="NY" street="W. 15th Ave."/>
    <job-info employee-type="Part-Time" is-manager="no" job-description="Hacker"/>
    <manager employee-number="A7000"/>
  </person>
</addressbook>
'