multiple files in pillar

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

At the moment, Pillar assumes that one file is one chapter. When generating PDF, an index .tex file is required to construct the overall book with table of contents and others such elements.

As far as I see, in HTML, there is no possibility of generating this

Is there a plan to extend Pillar to support a book with multiple files?

What about references? I saw somewhere that there existed an intention of supporting references, but I did not see an example yet. Are they supported?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: multiple files in pillar

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Just in case you missed the questions in the below mail. Ping :).

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:56 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

At the moment, Pillar assumes that one file is one chapter. When generating PDF, an index .tex file is required to construct the overall book with table of contents and others such elements.

As far as I see, in HTML, there is no possibility of generating this

Is there a plan to extend Pillar to support a book with multiple files?

What about references? I saw somewhere that there existed an intention of supporting references, but I did not see an example yet. Are they supported?

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] multiple files in pillar

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

At the moment, Pillar assumes that one file is one chapter. When generating PDF, an index .tex file is required to construct the overall book with table of contents and others such elements.

As far as I see, in HTML, there is no possibility of generating this

Is there a plan to extend Pillar to support a book with multiple files?

this was not plan but we could
Now if someone needs that he should have a look and help

Ok.

What about references? I saw somewhere that there existed an intention of supporting references, but I did not see an example yet.

do you mean ref{} or cite{}

I mean cite{}

We want to add a kind of  generic tagging so that we can express
cite{}
comment{}

Interesting. I would be very interested in that.

Are they supported?

I do not think so right now.

Ok.

Doru

Cheers,
Doru

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] multiple files in pillar

Damien Cassou
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there a plan to extend Pillar to support a book with multiple files?
>

> this was not plan but we could
> Now if someone needs that he should have a look and help

I don't really understand the question (and I also don't understand
Steph's answer). Are you talking about sending a set of files to
Pillar so that 1 coherent book is generated?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-dev] multiple files in pillar

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Indeed, that was the question.

At the moment, to build a full book, we need a index tex file. This means that we do not have a possibility of building an index outside of tex. So, for a full solution that can also be used for html, we need the index in pillar.

Cheers,
Doru