myODBCwarning : 'Option value changed to default static cursor'

myODBCwarning : 'Option value changed to default static cursor'

Joseph Frippiat-2
Hi,

I'm writing some code to access a MySQL database.
I'm using MySQL Server 4.1.8 and myODBC 3.51.19 .
When this is executed "myDBConnection query: myQuery" or this
"myDBConnection exec: myQuery", I get warning messages in the Transcript
saying '01S02: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.8-nt]Option value
changed to default static cursor'.

Using DSDN (what a wonderful tool !) I saw that this problem was already
mentioned by Bill Schwab on april 21. 2003.

To avoid the warnings, I replaced the code with "myDBConnection exec:
myQuery contents cursorType: #static" and "myDBConnection exec: myQuery
contents cursorType: #static"

Is this a good solution ?  Is there anything more to know ?

Speaking about DSDN, I can't access the wiki pages, after looking in the
code, I saw that DSDN can't access the index and the changes pages of the
wiki.  Is there anything to do about it ?

Thanks and happy new year.

Joseph

Re: myODBCwarning : 'Option value changed to default static cursor'

Ian Bartholomew-19
Joseph,

> Speaking about DSDN, I can't access the wiki pages, after looking in the
> code, I saw that DSDN can't access the index and the changes pages of the
> wiki.

It's not just DSDN, if I go to a WIKI page and click on the "Index" or
"Recent Changes" link at the bottom then I get a "page not found" error.
DSDN's WIKI update uses both of those pages, to work out what pages are
available, so if they can't be accessed then DSDN doesn't know what files to
download.

I imagine it's all connected with the following comment from OA that appears
on the "Community" page ....

"NOTE: The Wiki-Web is currently read-only and pages cannot be edited. A new
Wiki version written in Dolphin will be arriving soon and will address this
issue. "

If the script that allows you to edit pages is broken then it would make
sense that the index and changes scripts are broken as well.

> Is there anything to do about it ?

I could let you have a copy of my DSDN WIKI folder (789KB zipped).   I
haven't updated it since 1/7/2003 though (that's the 1st of July) so it is a
bit out of date.

--
Ian

Use the Reply-To address to contact me.

Re: myODBCwarning : 'Option value changed to default static cursor'

Joseph Frippiat-2
"Ian Bartholomew" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> I could let you have a copy of my DSDN WIKI folder (789KB zipped).   I
> haven't updated it since 1/7/2003 though (that's the 1st of July) so it is
> a bit out of date.

Yes, please do it.

Thanks

Joseph

Re: myODBCwarning : 'Option value changed to default static cursor'

Ian Bartholomew-19
Joseph,

> Yes, please do it.

I replied to your e-mail yesterday - did it not get through?

I ended up putting the contents of my WIKI folder on my web site so the
e-mail just included ....

"Download the file from http://www.idb.me.uk/files/wiki.zip (it's actually
805 KB) and unzip it into the DSDN/WIKI folder.  When you restart DSDN it
should see 335 documents under the WIKI tab."