namespaceScope

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Currently we have:

FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
        ^ self container

However, the problem is that we now can have classes and methods as containers. So, I now reimplemented it like:

FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
        ^ self container
                ifNotNil: [ self container namespaceScope ]

In the process I also fixed to use namespaceScope instead of container:

FAMIXMethod>>namespaceScope
        ^ self parentType namespaceScope

Please let me know if this introduces unwanted effects in your context.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What we can governs what we wish."

Re: namespaceScope

Stéphane Ducasse
doru could you add a nice comment explaining that in the method because for me the fact that a method is a container looks strange and
I will never think about it.

Setf
On Jul 23, 2011, at 6:50 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Currently we have:
>
> FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
> ^ self container
>
> However, the problem is that we now can have classes and methods as containers. So, I now reimplemented it like:
>
> FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
> ^ self container
> ifNotNil: [ self container namespaceScope ]
>
> In the process I also fixed to use namespaceScope instead of container:
>
> FAMIXMethod>>namespaceScope
> ^ self parentType namespaceScope
>
> Please let me know if this introduces unwanted effects in your context.
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "What we can governs what we wish."

Re: namespaceScope

Tudor Girba-2
I added a comment in FAMIXType>>namespaceScope

"we ask the container for the namespaceScope
        because we can have classes in methods or in other classes.
        Thus, we need to traverse recursively until we reach a namespace"

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 Jul 2011, at 20:56, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> doru could you add a nice comment explaining that in the method because for me the fact that a method is a container looks strange and
> I will never think about it.
>
> Setf
> On Jul 23, 2011, at 6:50 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently we have:
>>
>> FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
>> ^ self container
>>
>> However, the problem is that we now can have classes and methods as containers. So, I now reimplemented it like:
>>
>> FAMIXType>>namespaceScope
>> ^ self container
>> ifNotNil: [ self container namespaceScope ]
>>
>> In the process I also fixed to use namespaceScope instead of container:
>>
>> FAMIXMethod>>namespaceScope
>> ^ self parentType namespaceScope
>>
>> Please let me know if this introduces unwanted effects in your context.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "What we can governs what we wish."

www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

Re: namespaceScope

Stéphane Ducasse
:)