need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0

need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0

jhancock
Hi, I'm just getting back into pharo and starting with the current 2.0.  I would like to be able maximize a window without having the wasted space outside it.  I realize this maybe wasn't done because it keeps me from getting to the world menu.

Can someone point me out some places or provide some pieces of code to set a global hotkey to get the world menu and also to make maximize take all space.

thanks, Jon

Re: need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0

Helene Bilbo
jhancock wrote
There is a setting accessible via the Settings-browser: Appearence>Morphic>Windows>Fullscreen Margin. You can even set it to something negative.

On Jul 27, 2012, at 6:04 AM, jhancock wrote:

> Hi, I'm just getting back into pharo and starting with the current 2.0.

Pay attention this is bleeding edge. I mean really changing since we are really improving a lot of aspects.

> would like to be able maximize a window without having the wasted space
> outside it.  I realize this maybe wasn't done because it keeps me from
> getting to the world menu.
>
> Can someone point me out some places or provide some pieces of code to set a
> global hotkey to get the world menu and also to make maximize take all
> space.
>
> thanks, Jon

Re: need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0

jhancock
ok, so I'll play with 1.4 some more.  thanks for the advice.  Is there a way to set a global hotkey to get the world menu in 1.4?

--
Jon Hancock

On Friday, July 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Stéphane Ducasse [via Smalltalk] wrote:

On Jul 27, 2012, at 6:04 AM, jhancock wrote:

> Hi, I'm just getting back into pharo and starting with the current 2.0.

Pay attention this is bleeding edge. I mean really changing since we are really improving a lot of aspects.

> would like to be able maximize a window without having the wasted space
> outside it.  I realize this maybe wasn't done because it keeps me from
> getting to the world menu.
>
> Can someone point me out some places or provide some pieces of code to set a
> global hotkey to get the world menu and also to make maximize take all
> space.
>
> thanks, Jon

http://forum.world.st/need-maximized-windows-and-hotkey-for-world-menu-pharo-2-0-tp4641758p4641777.html
To unsubscribe from need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0, click here.
NAML

Re: need maximized windows and hotkey for world menu - pharo 2.0

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
jhancock wrote
Is there a way to set a global hotkey to get the world menu in 1.4?
Hey John :) Please ask user questions on StackOverflow (tagged with Pharo) or the Pharo Users list, so they do not get lost/confused with the development issues discussed here.

You can add something like this on a class side somewhere
    buildWorldMenuKeymapOn: aBuilder
        <keymap>

        (aBuilder shortcut: #openWorldMenu)
                category: #WorldMenuAnywhere
                default: $k command
                do: [
                        ActiveWorld worldMenu
                                openInWorld;
                                takeKeyboardFocus. ].

        aBuilder attachShortcutCategory: #WorldMenuAnywhere to: Morph.
Cheers,
Sean