nested pier kernels?

Dale Henrichs
I'm playing with an application where I *think* that I'd like to have
nested Pier kernel instances ... I *would* like each instance to be
somewhat independent in terms of design and content and authorization
... I realize I don't need nesting to that ... I can create multiple
pier instances with a different path and I'm okay, however, I can't
figure out how to get back to the "master pier" instance, once I dived
into one of the "subsidiary instances".

I'd like to have a menu item entitled 'Home' that takes me to the
master, but my Pier2/Seaside3.0 foo does not appear strong enough to
figure out how to do this sorta dynamically (I don't want to wire in an
external link for example)...

I assume that with nested pier kernels it would be relatively easy

Thanks in advance,

Dale

Re: nested pier kernels?

Dale Henrichs
Dale Henrichs wrote:

> I'm playing with an application where I *think* that I'd like to have
> nested Pier kernel instances ... I *would* like each instance to be
> somewhat independent in terms of design and content and authorization
> ... I realize I don't need nesting to that ... I can create multiple
> pier instances with a different path and I'm okay, however, I can't
> figure out how to get back to the "master pier" instance, once I dived
> into one of the "subsidiary instances".
>
> I'd like to have a menu item entitled 'Home' that takes me to the
> master, but my Pier2/Seaside3.0 foo does not appear strong enough to
> figure out how to do this sorta dynamically (I don't want to wire in an
> external link for example)...
>
> I assume that with nested pier kernels it would be relatively easy
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dale

Thinking about this overnight, I imagine that I can splice in the
rootPage for the "nested pier instance" and get what I want ... I'll try
this approach today...

Dale