new 1.3 one click

12

new 1.3 one click

EstebanLM
Hi,

I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.

Can you test it?

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip

best,
Esteban

Douaille Erwan <[hidden email]>

Re: new 1.3 one click

Diogenes Moreira
On windows vista 32bits works..
I'll try it on ubuntu in a couple of minutes

Best D.

http://about.me/diogenes.moreira

2012/4/11 Erwan Douaille <[hidden email]>
Works on windows7 but i think you already know.
I've just try it.

2012/4/11 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.

Can you test it?

https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip

best,
Esteban

Douaille Erwan <[hidden email]>

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: new 1.3 one click

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 11, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>
> Can you test it?
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip

this one works for me now.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

On Apr 11, 2012, at 11:33 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> 1.3 ?

Yes, the 1.3 one-click was very old. We fixed bugs in 1.3, and the VM saw lots of
fixes...

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: new 1.3 one click

Stefan Marr-3

On 11 Apr 2012, at 10:31, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>
> Can you test it?
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip

$ uname -a
Darwin minerva 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
$ sw_vers
ProductName: Mac OS X
ProductVersion: 10.6.8
BuildVersion: 10K549

9814 run, 9747 passes, 49 expected failures, 3 failures, 14 errors, 1 unexpected passes
Failures:
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorSize
ClassHierarchyTest>>#testSubclasses
HostWindowTests>>#testOne

Errors:
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testComplexInit
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testComplexInit2
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantArray
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantBoolean
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantInteger
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantIntegerNil
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantString
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testConstantSymbol
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testGlobalVarKeyword
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testGlobalVarKeyword2
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testMessageSend
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testMessageSend2
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testSuperWithAnotherInit
ECInstVarTypeGuesserTest>>#testTypeSuggestingParameter

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab

Re: new 1.3 one click

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 11, 2012, at 11:40 AM, Stefan Marr wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2012, at 10:31, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>>
>> Can you test it?
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip
>>

> $ uname -a
> Darwin minerva 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
> $ sw_vers
> ProductName: Mac OS X
> ProductVersion: 10.6.8
> BuildVersion: 10K549
>

> 9814 run, 9747 passes, 49 expected failures, 3 failures, 14 errors, 1 unexpected passes

Yes, what this release explicitly not did to be all green...

some of those are listed here:

        http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.3

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

Re: new 1.3 one click

Herby Vojčík
Windows 7 Starter 32bit, Atom netbook:

This had appeared maybe 50 times. I always clicked "Proceed" (I had to
do it by hand :-( ):

You are about to load new versions of the following packages that have
unsaved changes in the image.  If you continue, you will lose these changes.

   GoferFoo
   GoferBar

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.

The result is:

10293 run, 9294 passes, 49 expected failures, 21 failures, 928 errors, 1
unexpected passes

(that seems too much to me :-/ )

Filed out results and attaching them.

Herby

Marcus Denker wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>>
>> Can you test it?
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip
>

> this one works for me now.
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de

tests_Pharo1.3.zip (5K) Download Attachment

Re: new 1.3 one click

Stefan Marr-3
Hi Marcus:

On 11 Apr 2012, at 11:44, Marcus Denker wrote:

>>> Can you test it?
>>
>> $ uname -a
>> Darwin minerva 10.8.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.8.0: Tue Jun  7 16:33:36 PDT 2011; root:xnu-1504.15.3~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>> $ sw_vers
>> ProductName: Mac OS X
>> ProductVersion: 10.6.8
>> BuildVersion: 10K549
>>

>> 9814 run, 9747 passes, 49 expected failures, 3 failures, 14 errors, 1 unexpected passes
>
> Yes, what this release explicitly not did to be all green...

It wasn't meant as a bug report. It was more meant as doing what Esteban asked for, testing it.

Bye the way, since even the CI setup cannot cover everything and all OS version etc, the PHP people allow you to send such test results in via email. The email includes OS version and environment data and can be used to identify if certain tests break systematically on some platform.

Perhaps something that might be interesting in the long run.

Best regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab
Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Pleinlaan 2 / B-1050 Brussels / Belgium
http://soft.vub.ac.be/~smarr
Phone: +32 2 629 2974
Fax:   +32 2 629 3525

Re: new 1.3 one click

David Graham
Fedora 16 32bit

9813 run, 9745 passes, 50 expected failures, 3 failures, 14 errors, 1
unexpected passes
Failures:
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorSize
DateAndTimeTest>>#testPrintStringNoOffset

On 4/11/12 3:31 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>
> Can you test it?
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip
>
> best,
> Esteban

Re: new 1.3 one click

Schwab,Wilhelm K
David,

Do you use FFI on Fedora?  Any tricks needed to make things work?  On Ubuntu with Cog, I have had to resort to making symlinks (in the vm directory) to needed libraries :(  At least it works when I do that :)

One hardware manufacturer told that Fedora is great for polish (no argument), but that "things are in strange places."  Comments?

Bill

9813 run, 9745 passes, 50 expected failures, 3 failures, 14 errors, 1
unexpected passes
Failures:
ReleaseTest>>#testUndeclared
MirrorPrimitiveTests>>#testMirrorSize
DateAndTimeTest>>#testPrintStringNoOffset
ClassHierarchyTest>>#testSubclasses

On 4/11/12 3:31 AM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a new 1.3 OneClick release, with latest VMs and latest image updates.
>
> Can you test it?
>
> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/30563/Pharo-1.3-13328-OneClick.zip
>
> best,
> Esteban

Re: new 1.3 one click

David Graham
Hi Bill,

Sorry, I don't use FFI for any of my projects.  No tricks, it worked out
of the box... although Gnome3 appears to have hijacked alt-click for
moving windows.

I'm only an occasional linux user, but I'd say it's on par with Ubuntu.
These two platforms are rapidly diverging and I imagine we'll have to
compile separate binaries before too long.

On 4/11/12 12:13 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> David,
>
> Do you use FFI on Fedora?  Any tricks needed to make things work?  On Ubuntu with Cog, I have had to resort to making symlinks (in the vm directory) to needed libraries :(  At least it works when I do that :)
>
> One hardware manufacturer told that Fedora is great for polish (no argument), but that "things are in strange places."  Comments?
>
> Bill

Re: new 1.3 one click

probably :)

> Bye the way, since even the CI setup cannot cover everything and all OS version etc, the PHP people allow you to send such test results in via email. The email includes OS version and environment data and can be used to identify if certain tests break systematically on some platform.
>
> Perhaps something that might be interesting in the long run.

Re: new 1.3 one click

Schwab,Wilhelm K
David,

Fair enough - thanks for the scouting report.  I hope you are wrong about separate binaries.  It would be sad enough if we had to detect the distro and act accordingly :(   A candidate for that is Ubuntu's integration of dynamic library loading with dlconfig.  I think they have a good idea, but Cog goes to pieces trying to decorate the library name, when the module name as given is the place to look first.  I would like to see other distros implement the Ubuntu solution, because it *really* makes sense.

What do you think of Gnome 3?  Any recommendations to escape it (I'm not a fan).  Unity is the sole reason I'm looking at other distros - given Gnome 2, I'd be an Ubuntu guy in perpetuity.

Bill

Sorry, I don't use FFI for any of my projects.  No tricks, it worked out
of the box... although Gnome3 appears to have hijacked alt-click for
moving windows.

I'm only an occasional linux user, but I'd say it's on par with Ubuntu.
These two platforms are rapidly diverging and I imagine we'll have to
compile separate binaries before too long.

On 4/11/12 12:13 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> David,
>
> Do you use FFI on Fedora?  Any tricks needed to make things work?  On Ubuntu with Cog, I have had to resort to making symlinks (in the vm directory) to needed libraries :(  At least it works when I do that :)
>
> One hardware manufacturer told that Fedora is great for polish (no argument), but that "things are in strange places."  Comments?
>
> Bill

was Re: new 1.3 one click

David Graham
On 4/11/12 2:37 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
> David,
>
> Fair enough - thanks for the scouting report.  I hope you are wrong about separate binaries.  It would be sad enough if we had to detect the distro and act accordingly :(   A candidate for that is Ubuntu's integration of dynamic library loading with dlconfig.  I think they have a good idea, but Cog goes to pieces trying to decorate the library name, when the module name as given is the place to look first.  I would like to see other distros implement the Ubuntu solution, because it *really* makes sense.

To make things even more complicated, I'm actually playing with Fedora
since it's going to be the default OS for the Raspberry Pi.  I'm really
hoping someone picks up the GSOC CogVM Arm project, but I intend to help
with this effort regardless.  As an aside, I've been playing with Squeak
4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM board running Angstrom linux), which
compiles and runs without issue.  It's really fun to read sensors and
blink LEDs from smalltalk, and now a smalltalk powered robot is slowly
taking shape in my workshop. :)

> What do you think of Gnome 3?  Any recommendations to escape it (I'm not a fan).  Unity is the sole reason I'm looking at other distros - given Gnome 2, I'd be an Ubuntu guy in perpetuity.

Have you tried Linux Mint?

> Bill

Re: was Re: new 1.3 one click

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I looked at Mint, but do need to actually install and play.  thanks.

On 4/11/12 2:37 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
> David,
>
> Fair enough - thanks for the scouting report.  I hope you are wrong about separate binaries.  It would be sad enough if we had to detect the distro and act accordingly :(   A candidate for that is Ubuntu's integration of dynamic library loading with dlconfig.  I think they have a good idea, but Cog goes to pieces trying to decorate the library name, when the module name as given is the place to look first.  I would like to see other distros implement the Ubuntu solution, because it *really* makes sense.

To make things even more complicated, I'm actually playing with Fedora
since it's going to be the default OS for the Raspberry Pi.  I'm really
hoping someone picks up the GSOC CogVM Arm project, but I intend to help
with this effort regardless.  As an aside, I've been playing with Squeak
4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM board running Angstrom linux), which
compiles and runs without issue.  It's really fun to read sensors and
blink LEDs from smalltalk, and now a smalltalk powered robot is slowly
taking shape in my workshop. :)

> What do you think of Gnome 3?  Any recommendations to escape it (I'm not a fan).  Unity is the sole reason I'm looking at other distros - given Gnome 2, I'd be an Ubuntu guy in perpetuity.

Have you tried Linux Mint?

> Bill

Re: was Re: new 1.3 one click

On Apr 11, 2012, at 11:08 PM, David Graham wrote:

> On 4/11/12 2:37 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
>> David,
>>
>> Fair enough - thanks for the scouting report.  I hope you are wrong about separate binaries.  It would be sad enough if we had to detect the distro and act accordingly :(   A candidate for that is Ubuntu's integration of dynamic library loading with dlconfig.  I think they have a good idea, but Cog goes to pieces trying to decorate the library name, when the module name as given is the place to look first.  I would like to see other distros implement the Ubuntu solution, because it *really* makes sense.
>
> To make things even more complicated, I'm actually playing with Fedora since it's going to be the default OS for the Raspberry Pi.

We really want pharo on Pi. :)

> I'm really hoping someone picks up the GSOC CogVM Arm project, but I intend to help with this effort regardless.  As an aside, I've been playing with Squeak 4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM board running Angstrom linux), which compiles and runs without issue.  It's really fun to read sensors and blink LEDs from smalltalk, and now a smalltalk powered robot is slowly taking shape in my workshop. :)

The plate of esteban is starting to get full but indeed arm support would be good also for native boost I imagine.

>> What do you think of Gnome 3?  Any recommendations to escape it (I'm not a fan).  Unity is the sole reason I'm looking at other distros - given Gnome 2, I'd be an Ubuntu guy in perpetuity.
>
> Have you tried Linux Mint?
>>
>> Bill

12