new Cog VMs

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

   please find new VMs in http://www.mirandabanda.org/files/Cog/VM/VM.r2585/.  These VMs try and fix an occasional crash (try because the fix doesn't handle all cases yet), and at least turn it into an orderly exit with error message (no room on youngReferrers list/youngReferrers list overflowed) instead of a hard crash.

Cog VM binaries as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.201/r2585.

Make sure youngReferrersList has room for every method since become/cache
implicit receiver can cause any method to gain a young reference.  Do so
by counting methods in the zone.  Make overflowing the youngReferrers list
a hard error (appears to happen quite often in Newspeak code).

Fix assert in interpretMethodFromMachineCode.

Fix bug in changeClassFrom:to: if receiver is a compact class
instance with a large header.
--
best,
Eliot

Re: new Cog VMs

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi eliot

thanks. Now could you reply to the questions we asked with igor about the bug in the eeInstantiate methods?
I'm curious to understand the logic of turning around the GC triggering on newly created objects.
Are you fixes related to that because this impacts Moose large images?

Stef