new Pharo success story :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello

just a little news about a super cool success story about Pharo :)

Well done UXers at Thales.
It is a pity that most of your cool stuff requires confidential accreditation, but this is normal.

S.

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Aurore Dalle
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: [Esug-list] new Pharo success story :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hello hennie

I do not know but what they are doing is really advanced and most of their work is private for the french gov.
And advanced gestures and tactil screens were not available back in 89 :)
What would be sad is that it would NOT be done in Pharo but in JS like or Java FX.
Don’t you think?

Of course it can be sad to see things that have been already done, redone.
You see Pharo is not a proprietary system so sometimes we are forced to reinvent the wheel but this is an open-source wheel. :)

So we get sometimes feedback like it is already available in X or Z, but proprietary code is not available It does not exist except for paying clients.
For us we even consider GNU licensed code as forbidden to stay clean.
Pharo is following a pure and cristal clear MIT license, it means that people can take the code and do whatever they want, even contribute back or not.

Do not hesitate to have fun with us because with Pharo we are really trying to push forward and let people
invent what they want and change the world.

You can discuss with us on https://discord.gg/QewZMZa

S.