new debugger shortcuts

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

The existing debugger shortcuts are conflicting with code editing shortcuts.

Now, I defined the following shortcuts:
resume - cmd + r
restart - cmd + shift + a
over - cmd + shift + o
through - cmd + shift + t
into - cmd + e

There is also a test in GT that checks for double meanings. Please let me know if you see problems with these, and comment on the issue here:
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17408/The-generic-stack-debugger-defines-double-meaning-for-some-keybindings-when-editing-code

We want to integrate this as soon as possible, so please react as soon as you can :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"When people care, great things can happen."

Re: new debugger shortcuts

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
I almost forgot, can we've a "create" shortcut?

Regards

On Sunday, 17 January 2016, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1000! Thank youuuu!

On Sunday, 17 January 2016, Tudor Girba <<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;tudor@tudorgirba.com&#39;);" target="_blank">tudor@...> wrote:
[...]

David Allouche

> On 17 Jan 2016, at 17:41, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The existing debugger shortcuts are conflicting with code editing shortcuts.
>
> Now, I defined the following shortcuts:
> resume - cmd + r
> restart - cmd + shift + a
> over - cmd + shift + o
> through - cmd + shift + t
> into - cmd + e
>
> There is also a test in GT that checks for double meanings. Please let me know if you see problems with these, and comment on the issue here:
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17408/The-generic-stack-debugger-defines-double-meaning-for-some-keybindings-when-editing-code
>
> We want to integrate this as soon as possible, so please react as soon as you can :)

I posted a comment on the bug. Summary: nice, simple Fn key bindings would be even better.

Re: new debugger shortcuts

stepharo
doru

do you use key Binder key Mapper? and not strings to define them?
Because one of these days we will clean all these ugly keyStrings:

Le 17/1/16 17:41, Tudor Girba a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> The existing debugger shortcuts are conflicting with code editing shortcuts.
>
> Now, I defined the following shortcuts:
> resume - cmd + r
> restart - cmd + shift + a
> over - cmd + shift + o
> through - cmd + shift + t
> into - cmd + e
>
> There is also a test in GT that checks for double meanings. Please let me know if you see problems with these, and comment on the issue here:
> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17408/The-generic-stack-debugger-defines-double-meaning-for-some-keybindings-when-editing-code
>
> We want to integrate this as soon as possible, so please react as soon as you can :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "When people care, great things can happen."

Re: new debugger shortcuts

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Not yet. We looked at this issue just the other day, and this is something to be fixed. We want to externalize these shortcuts in settings.

Cheers,
Doru

> On Jan 18, 2016, at 7:36 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> doru
>
> do you use key Binder key Mapper? and not strings to define them?
> Because one of these days we will clean all these ugly keyStrings:
>
> Le 17/1/16 17:41, Tudor Girba a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> The existing debugger shortcuts are conflicting with code editing shortcuts.
>>
>> Now, I defined the following shortcuts:
>> resume - cmd + r
>> restart - cmd + shift + a
>> over - cmd + shift + o
>> through - cmd + shift + t
>> into - cmd + e
>>
>> There is also a test in GT that checks for double meanings. Please let me know if you see problems with these, and comment on the issue here:
>> https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/17408/The-generic-stack-debugger-defines-double-meaning-for-some-keybindings-when-editing-code
>>
>> We want to integrate this as soon as possible, so please react as soon as you can :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "When people care, great things can happen."

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Things happen when they happen,
not when you talk about them happening."