new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Philippe Marschall
Hi

The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
(*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
to write matches like the following:

getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
    <GET>

You can find more examples and documentation at [1]

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest

Cheers
Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Dale Henrichs
+10

Dale

On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
> to write matches like the following:
>
> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>    <GET>
>
> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Tobias Pape
yay!

Am 2011-03-23 um 20:47 schrieb Philippe Marschall:

> Hi
>
> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
> to write matches like the following:
>
> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>    <GET>
>
> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Tobias Pape

Am 2011-03-23 um 20:47 schrieb Philippe Marschall:

> Hi
>
> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
> to write matches like the following:
>
> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>    <GET>
>
> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest

I just updated the Metacello configuration at Squeaksource.
It works for me on Squeak4.2.
Can anyone confirm/deny for the other platforms?

So Long,
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

NorbertHartl
Really, really good! My daily tool!

Norbert

2011/3/24 Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

> Am 2011-03-23 um 20:47 schrieb Philippe Marschall:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
>> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
>> to write matches like the following:
>>
>> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>>    <GET>
>>
>> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>>
>> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest
>

> I just updated the Metacello configuration at Squeaksource.

Thank you.

> It works for me on Squeak4.2.
> Can anyone confirm/deny for the other platforms?

The only really platform specific things should be the pragmas. If
those work then the rest should work as wel..

2011/3/23 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> +10

You'll probably have to update the GemStone port due to changes made earlier.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Dale Henrichs
Philippe,

I am spinning towards another set of bugfixes for GemStone, so I'll plan on doing the port then ...

Dale

On Mar 24, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2011/3/23 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
>> +10
>
> You'll probably have to update the GemStone port due to changes made earlier.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

EstebanLM
sorry, I'm trying to understand how this package works and I cannot figure out... is there an example somewhere?

cheers,
Esteban

El 23/03/2011, a las 4:47p.m., Philippe Marschall escribió:

> Hi
>
> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
> to write matches like the following:
>
> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>    <GET>
>
> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

Dale Henrichs
Esteban,

I have an example of using an older version of the REST package with Bibliocello:

  http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html

<http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html>If you browse the code in Bibliocello-Seaside and look at the BCUrlFilter class you'll see some examples ... there are also examples in the tests ...

Dale

On Mar 25, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

sorry, I'm trying to understand how this package works and I cannot figure out... is there an example somewhere?

cheers,
Esteban

El 23/03/2011, a las 4:47p.m., Philippe Marschall escribió:

Hi

The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
(*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
to write matches like the following:

getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
  <GET>

You can find more examples and documentation at [1]

[1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest

Cheers
Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

EstebanLM
thanks Dale, I'll take a look :)

cheers,
Esteban

El 25/03/2011, a las 6:50p.m., Dale Henrichs escribió:

> Esteban,
>
> I have an example of using an older version of the REST package with Bibliocello:
>
>  http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html
>
> <http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html>If you browse the code in Bibliocello-Seaside and look at the BCUrlFilter class you'll see some examples ... there are also examples in the tests ...
>
> Dale
>
> On Mar 25, 2011, at 2:20 PM, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:
>
> sorry, I'm trying to understand how this package works and I cannot figure out... is there an example somewhere?
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>
> El 23/03/2011, a las 4:47p.m., Philippe Marschall escribió:
>
> Hi
>
> The latest version of Seaside-REST supports multi element matches
> (*argumentName*) and or matches ([option1|option1]). This allows you
> to write matches like the following:
>
> getFile: fileName at: pathTerms fromProject: projectName
>  <GET>
>
> You can find more examples and documentation at [1]
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/SeasideRest
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: new features in Seaside-REST: multi element matches and or matches

NorbertHartl
Create class

WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler subclass: #RESTExample
        instanceVariableNames: ''
        classVariableNames: ''
        poolDictionaries: ''
        category: 'REST-Example'

implement method

RESTExample>>getHello
        <GET>
        self requestContext response
                stream
                        nextPutAll: 'hi';
                        nextPutAll: String crlf

(WAAdmin register: RESTExample at: 'rest-example')

If it doesn't work do

WAPragmaBasedRestfulHandler allSubInstances do: [:each| each initializeRoutes ]

On the shell do

silverflux:~ norbert$ curl http://localhost:8700/rest-example/hello
hi

that's all. If you change the handler you reinitialize. For documentation look at

Am 2011-03-25 um 22:50 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> Esteban,
>
> I have an example of using an older version of the REST package with Bibliocello:
>
>  http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html
>
> <http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/bibliocello.html>If you browse the code in Bibliocello-Seaside and look at the BCUrlFilter class you'll see some examples ... there are also examples in the tests ...

The same holds for Squeaksource3:

http://www.squeaksouce.com/squeaksource3.html
http://seaside.gemstone.com/squeaksource3.html

There, the class is STUrlFilter in the Core package.

So Long,
        -Tobias