new tODE Minimal Client release: Voyage-Tugrik support

1 message Options

new tODE Minimal Client release: Voyage-Tugrik support

GLASS mailing list
This release of tODE[1] includes the additions to the tODE Minimal
Client in support of Voyage-Tugrik[2].

Voyage-Tugrik is a new Voyage-based persistence layer for Pharo5.0 that
uses GemStone/S as the backed. Tugrik[3] implements a MongoTalk[4]
compatible Smalltalk API making it possible to easily port MongoDB based
Voyage applications to use GemStone with a minimum of effort.

A key feature of Voyage-Tugrik is the adaptation of server blocks[1] to
the Voyage framework ... server blocks combined with the object mapper
facilities in Voyage make it practical to write client-server
applications using Pharo and GemStone where the boundary between
client/server execution can be managed by the developer in the source
code for the application.

Voyage-Tugrik is still in the proof of concept stage. I will be
presenting Voyage-Tugrik at ESUG 2016 and shortly I will be recruiting
"partners" for setting priorities and contributing code to move
Voyage-Tugrik from alpha, to beta, to release.

Feel free to ask any questions, but keep in mind that the next 2 weeks I
will be on vacation and then attending the conference, so i will have
limited badwidth :)

Dale

[1] https://github.com/dalehenrich/tode/pull/282

[2]