new themoosebook.org - work in progress

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
http://themoosebook.org

In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.

The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.

Please let me know what you think.

The book repo is here:
https://github.com/girba/themoosebook

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Every thing has its own flow."

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

SergeStinckwich
Great work Doru !

I will have a look more closely and try to contribute some PR if you
accept them.

Regards

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
> http://themoosebook.org
>
> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>
> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>
> The book repo is here:
> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
I really like the form the moose book is taking, on a quick glimpse.
Maybe the default web fonts are small for a long reading.

Cheers,

Offray

On 20/10/16 02:20, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Great work Doru !
>
> I will have a look more closely and try to contribute some PR if you
> accept them.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
>> http://themoosebook.org
>>
>> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>>
>> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>>
>> Please let me know what you think.
>>
>> The book repo is here:
>> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow."

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

abergel
Impressive!!!!

Alexandre

> On Oct 20, 2016, at 3:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
> http://themoosebook.org
>
> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>
> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>
> Please let me know what you think.
>
> The book repo is here:
> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
> www.feenk.com
>
> "Every thing has its own flow."

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

stepharo

Le 20/10/16 à 09:20, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
> Great work Doru !

+1 this is a nice resources.
I hope that we will have some enhancements at the meta meta level to
make the live easier for people to introduce new metamodel because the
release of the book.

> I will have a look more closely and try to contribute some PR if you
> accept them.
>
> Regards
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
>> http://themoosebook.org
>>
>> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>>
>> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>>
>> Please let me know what you think.
>>
>> The book repo is here:
>> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>> www.feenk.com
>>
>> "Every thing has its own flow."

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 10:02 PM, stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Le 20/10/16 à 09:20, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>> Great work Doru !
>
> +1 this is a nice resources.
> I hope that we will have some enhancements at the meta meta level to make the live easier for people to introduce new metamodel because the release of the book.

My goal is to maintain the book for each release of Moose. So, the master is for the current version of Moose, and we will have branches for each release. Also, this will be reflected in the urls which will be something like this:
themoosebook.org/
themoosebook.org/6.1/
themoosebook.org/7.0/

So, even if something does not get in before we “release" the book, we will have it available afterwards.

Cheers,
Doru

>> I will have a look more closely and try to contribute some PR if you
>> accept them.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
>>> http://themoosebook.org
>>>
>>> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>>>
>>> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>>
>>> The book repo is here:
>>> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru
>>>

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>> www.feenk.com
>>>
>>> "Every thing has its own flow."

www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: new themoosebook.org - work in progress

Kjell Godo
+1

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

> On Oct 26, 2016, at 10:02 PM, stepharo <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;stepharo@free.fr&#39;)">stepharo@...> wrote:
>

> Le 20/10/16 à 09:20, Serge Stinckwich a écrit :
>> Great work Doru !
>
> +1 this is a nice resources.
> I hope that we will have some enhancements at the meta meta level to make the live easier for people to introduce new metamodel because the release of the book.

My goal is to maintain the book for each release of Moose. So, the master is for the current version of Moose, and we will have branches for each release. Also, this will be reflected in the urls which will be something like this:
themoosebook.org/
themoosebook.org/6.1/
themoosebook.org/7.0/

So, even if something does not get in before we “release" the book, we will have it available afterwards.

Cheers,
Doru

>> I will have a look more closely and try to contribute some PR if you
>> accept them.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Tudor Girba <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;tudor@tudorgirba.com&#39;)">tudor@...> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am working on a new The Moose Book. You can see the current draft here:
>>> http://themoosebook.org
>>>
>>> In the current form, it covers about 40% of what I want to have at the end. My target is to get a first complete version ready until Spring 2017. The book targets Moose 6.1, although most parts will work with Moose 6.0.
>>>
>>> The book is written in Pillar. A secondary goal for this book is to build a book editor with tools in Pharo. The current book was generated directly from Pharo without using the command line. The current code is in book GitHub repository, but the end goal is to have these tools working separately from the book.
>>>
>>> Please let me know what you think.
>>>
>>> The book repo is here:
>>> https://github.com/girba/themoosebook
>>>
>>> Cheers,