new to Linux

Dave_Programmer

Hi All
I have just recently changed my windows computer in to Linux but I can not seem to find any Linux virtual machines to run Cuis. can any one help me?
David

Re: new to Linux

nacho
Hi,

Remeber that you should have 32bit libraries in order to run Cuis/Squeak/Pharo.
Cheers
Nacho

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM, David Tennant <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All
I have just recently changed my windows computer in to Linux but I can not seem to find any Linux virtual machines to run Cuis. can any one help me?
David

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: new to Linux

nacho
Sorry more on that:
I mean...if you are running a 32bit Linux OS, you are ok. But if you are running a 64bit Linux distro, then you should install 32bit libraries.
Best
Nacho

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 1:36 PM, David Tennant <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All
I have just recently changed my windows computer in to Linux but I can not seem to find any Linux virtual machines to run Cuis. can any one help me?
David

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: new to Linux

Hannes Hirzel

ReadMe file / Getting Started Section

explains how to do it.

I used the instructions last year on Ubuntu 12.04 and everything worked fine.
In case you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

--Hannes