new windows (e.g. workspaces) appear wherever they feel like

new windows (e.g. workspaces) appear wherever they feel like

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
It seems to flow better if they appeared where the user is already looking i.e. where the active hand is.

Issue 2290 : http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2290.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: new windows (e.g. workspaces) appear wherever they feel like

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Yes, this is not a bug but the expected behavior. I am new in Squeak, but since I know it, it is like this, and I guess it is like this since several years. Maybe even from the beginning. However, I think the same as you. At the beginning it was very difficult for me to understand why that happens.

I have no idea the impact of this change neither how to do it. But I would REALLY like to experiment with that. But be aware that this is a BIG change in the way Pharo behaves. So...we need to carefully think about it and discuss.

For example, with your approach, it is difficult then to open different windows spread in the world. As is it is now, you can always click anywhere in the World and it will open a windows in a place you don't know. But with your case, you need to go with the mouse to where you want to open it. You have to think where you want to open it and go there. Maybe it is better. I don't know.

As I say, I would really like to test such possibility. Does anyone know how to change this ?

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

It seems to flow better if they appeared where the user is already looking
i.e. where the active hand is.

Issue 2290 : http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2290.

Sean

Re: new windows (e.g. workspaces) appear wherever they feel like

Stéphane Ducasse
Mariano

have a look at the RealEstateAgent class
Not sure but this is where I would look

Stef