newbe tutorials

Michał
Hi!

        I'm pretty fresh to Doplhin Smalltalk and I like it a lot. I'm keen on
GUI aplications and I'm looking for some kind of tutorials. Is there any
kind of on-line book or something like that?

         - m z -

Re: newbe tutorials

Christopher J. Demers
"Micha³" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> Hi!
>
> I'm pretty fresh to Doplhin Smalltalk and I like it a lot. I'm keen on
> GUI aplications and I'm looking for some kind of tutorials. Is there any
> kind of on-line book or something like that?

 From Object Arts
http://www.object-arts.com/EducationCentre/Tutorials/Tutorials.htm

Then Louis Sumberg takes the Personal Money tutorial a step further
http://www.mindspring.com/~lsumberg/PersonalMoney/

There is also a formal book by Ted Bracht
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ted.bracht/default.htm

Many of us here also have Goodie web pages with small tutorials or free
code.  Mine is here http://www.mitchellscientific.com/smalltalk/ .  I find
my PresenterGenerator goodie to be of great use to me.  I got tired of
typing the same stuff over and over again to make GUIs in Dolphin.  Do a
Google search to find lots of other Dolphin pages.

Chris

Re: newbe tutorials

Michał
Christopher J. Demers wrote:

> "Michał" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>I'm pretty fresh to Doplhin Smalltalk and I like it a lot. I'm keen on
>>GUI aplications and I'm looking for some kind of tutorials. Is there any
>>kind of on-line book or something like that?
>

> From Object Arts
> http://www.object-arts.com/EducationCentre/Tutorials/Tutorials.htm
>
> Then Louis Sumberg takes the Personal Money tutorial a step further
> http://www.mindspring.com/~lsumberg/PersonalMoney/
>
> There is also a formal book by Ted Bracht
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ted.bracht/default.htm
>
> Many of us here also have Goodie web pages with small tutorials or free
> code.  Mine is here http://www.mitchellscientific.com/smalltalk/ .  I find
> my PresenterGenerator goodie to be of great use to me.  I got tired of
> typing the same stuff over and over again to make GUIs in Dolphin.  Do a
> Google search to find lots of other Dolphin pages.
>
> Chris

Thanks a lot! I didn't find any book in the store so the electronic
versions are the only source of mine. Is there anything like  'Dolphin
Center', beside object-arts?

        - m z -

Re: newbe tutorials

Christopher J. Demers
"Micha³" <[hidden email]> wrote in message news:[hidden email]...

> Thanks a lot! I didn't find any book in the store so the electronic
> versions are the only source of mine. Is there anything like  'Dolphin
> Center', beside object-arts?

It looks like Ted's book can be ordered on-line.  I am not sure what you
mean by "Dolphin Center".  Perhaps you mean the Education Center or some
other primary support site ?  Object Arts, as the developer of Dolphin
Smalltalk is the primary documentation and support provider.  The Education
Center is not up to date, but most of it applies to the current version of
Dolphin.  If you want to see some other Dolphin related web sites you can
look here http://l.webring.com/hub?ring=dolphinsmalltalk&id=3&hub at the
Dolphin Smalltalk Web Ring (be advised that server has apparently started
using some pop-up adds).  Here is another list of nice Dolphin Sites
http://mypage.bluewin.ch/a.fischer/dolphinResource.html , it is a good list,
but has not been updated in a while.  Perhaps others can provide their
favorite Dolphin sites.  If you want more links visit http://www.google.com
and do a search for "Dolphin Smalltalk".

Chris

Re: newbe tutorials

Andy Bower
Michal,

> >>I'm pretty fresh to Doplhin Smalltalk and I like it a lot. I'm keen on
> >>GUI aplications and I'm looking for some kind of tutorials. Is there any
> >>kind of on-line book or something like that?

What version of Dolphin are you using?

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support