next steps for pharo

Torsten Bergmann
>The coolest programmer of the month ;)

Take care, sometimes the "coolest programmer" is the
one who is not interested in writing documentation.

Sometimes people think they are cool when they
win the IOCCC contest [1] or find neat coding tricks
that other people do not understand.

Following conformance rules, writing clean code or
documenting is often seen as "boring task" but necessary
to grow into professional shared development.

So we have to find a way to turn "boring" into "simple & fun".

Bye
T.

[1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Obfuscated_C_Code_Contest

Re: next steps for pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
I meant the coolest documenter :)

Stef

>> The coolest programmer of the month ;)
>
> Take care, sometimes the "coolest programmer" is the
> one who is not interested in writing documentation.
>
> Sometimes people think they are cool when they
> win the IOCCC contest [1] or find neat coding tricks
> that other people do not understand.
>
> Following conformance rules, writing clean code or
> documenting is often seen as "boring task" but necessary
> to grow into professional shared development.
>
> So we have to find a way to turn "boring" into "simple & fun".
>
> Bye
> T.
>
> [1] http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Obfuscated_C_Code_Contest

Re: next steps for pharo -- a suggestions on documentation

csrabak
Last year (and IIRC before last year as well) we exchanged a set of clever stubs of code which created a collection of classes had not comments.

Could we have one of these scripts run as a part of the process in Hudson for validations/QA of the core images (for starting the whole thing) and a statistic which would allow us to track our progress in the percentage of commented classes in core?

Cesar Rabak

On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:15 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Last year (and IIRC before last year as well) we exchanged a set of clever stubs of code which created a collection of classes had not comments.
>
> Could we have one of these scripts run as a part of the process in Hudson for validations/QA of the core images (for starting the whole thing) and a statistic which would allow us to track our progress in the percentage of commented classes in core?

yes if somebody can give a try to get some statistics this would be good.
After we can check how we can push that in hudson