(no subject)

alwinlin
Hi everyone!

I'm a student learning to use smalltalk. I want to get the results from a C code program. I have searched a lot about this question on the internet, it seems i need to use a package called "alien" or something like FFI. But until now, I still don't have any concrete idea about how to do it. Could anyone please just tell me some examples about this question. Some simple source codes would be really appreciated.

Thanks alot.
Sincerely

Xin Lin

AlienOpenGL for demonstrating Alien

Fernando olivero
If you have a Mac , you could download AlienOpenGL and play with it  to understand how to model ( and call) external libraries in Smalltalk using Alien.
Look at the following link, there you will find download and install instructions.

Cheers,
Fernando

On Apr 26, 2010, at 5:29 PM, Alwin Lin wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'm a student learning to use smalltalk. I want to get the results from a C code program. I have searched a lot about this question on the internet, it seems i need to use a package called "alien" or something like FFI. But until now, I still don't have any concrete idea about how to do it. Could anyone please just tell me some examples about this question. Some simple source codes would be really appreciated.

Thanks alot.
Sincerely

Xin Lin

<ATT00001..txt>