(no subject)

André Kayisire
hi
I hava this code

renderContentOn: html
html table: [
(self sortBlock value: (self filterBlock value: self items)) do: [:item |
html tableRow: [self renderItemBlock value: item value: html]]].

when I view the result in my explorer, I have this error: UndefinedObject>>value:
I saw on the Internet that it caused by a "fixTemps" omission, but I dont Know... someone can help me. thks

Besoin d'un e-mail ? Créez gratuitement un compte Windows Live Hotmail, la boîte e-mail entièrement personnalisable ! Windows Live Hotmail

RE: (no subject)

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I suspect that either #sortBlock or #filterBlock return nil instead of blocks. Could you hit the debug link and check please?

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial

André Kayisire

Hi

I have this code at chapiter 4.

renderContentOn: html

html table: [

(self sortBlock value: (self filterBlock value: self items)) do: [:item |

html tableRow: [self renderItemBlock value: item value: html]]].

when I view the result in my explorer, I have this error: UndefinedObject>>value:

I saw on the Internet that it caused by a "fixTemps" omission, but I dont Know... someone can help me. thks
Regards.

RE: Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Andre,

I thought I'd replied yesterday, perhaps not. Could you check what #sortBlock and #filterBlock return? I suspect one of them returns nil, which then breaks the #value: send.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Sorry, I hadn't  seen the answer yesterday.
Yes # sortBlock and # filterBlock returns nil. But do you know how I can fix this error?

> Subject: RE: [Seaside] Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:37:42 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Andre,
>
> I thought I'd replied yesterday, perhaps not. Could you check what #sortBlock and #filterBlock return? I suspect one of them returns nil, which then breaks the #value: send.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

Somewhere in the tutorial you must have implemented them, can you find the relevant section and double check everything? They should be returning blocks.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

You talk about of this sentence:
"Please create the four instance variables 'items filterBlock sortBlock renderItemBlock' and their accessors in the StListComponent class"
or other things, because I have done this manipulation

> Subject: RE: [Seaside] Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:54:08 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Somewhere in the tutorial you must have implemented them, can you find the relevant section and double check everything? They should be returning blocks.
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

I don't know what tutorial you are going through, any links?

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial

> Subject: RE: [Seaside] Use of examples from Hasso-Plattner-Institut's tutorial
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:24:43 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> I don't know what tutorial you are going through, any links?
>
> -Boris
>
> --
> +1.604.689.0322
> DeepCove Labs Ltd.
> 4th floor 595 Howe Street
> Vancouver, Canada V6C 2T5
> http://tinyurl.com/r7uw4
>
> [hidden email]
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This email is intended only for the persons named in the message
> header. Unless otherwise indicated, it contains information that is
> private and confidential. If you have received it in error, please
> notify the sender and delete the entire message including any
> attachments.
>
> Thank you.

If you continue reading you'll find two places where those variables are set to proper blocks to do sorting and filtering, but I've never done this tutorial myself.

[...]
listComponent sortBlock: [:items | items sortBy: [:a :b | a deadline < b deadline]].
[...]

[...]
self listComponent filterBlock: [ :items | items select: [ :item | item isPending ]].
[...]

Etc,

Hope this helps,

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: (no subject)

stephane ducasse
andre

do not forget to put a title to your emails it will help people
reading it.
On 14 nov. 07, at 17:19, André Kayisire wrote:

> hi
> I hava this code
>
> renderContentOn: html
> html table: [
> (self sortBlock value: (self filterBlock value: self items)) do:
> [:item |
> html tableRow: [self renderItemBlock value: item value: html]]].
>
> when I view the result in my explorer, I have this error:
> UndefinedObject>>value:

what is retruning self sortBlock?

Stef