not that easy to start

Carlos Crosetti
Hi, I was amazed with Swazoo´s scope and potential so I dowloaded it
and attempted to load it into a Squak image also into a VW 7.5 without
luck. I think there is a step missing or something wrong with the
prerequisites.

In vw7, I haveSports parcel is alrready loaded, so I unloaded il and
loaded the new one, happens then there is an unresolved dependency
with contributed/PostgreSQL, and after loading Swazoo, the expression
SwazooServer demoStart does not recognize SwazooServer as a class.

In Squeak, the server get started so when I try localhost:8888, the
request comes into Squeak with a missing method, when I release the
method then the request completes returning an empty page.

So consider I am a person who was exposed to sml after 8 years doing
nothing like OOP to make money so far, now I got an opportunity to
prototype with this nice tool.
I se a lot of valuue behind this tool and at this moment i have no
time to code so much or hard as Java demands.

Questions are:
- what do you recommend as the sml platform to try swazoo and what is
the release level required and related components (I have a preference
with visualworks but I will accept to use squeak if you tell me to do
so)
- what is the release level required, my OS is XP
- is there like a sample application a bit more complex than hello
wold to analyze building steps, complexity, etc

Best regards,

--
Carlos Crosetti

Re: not that easy to start

Janko Mivšek
Hi Carlos,

I'd like to know the reasons and improve an installation so your
experience is very valuable and important to know in more detail. Can
you provide a more exact steps on Squeak and on VW, what you actually
did? Also, how much you followed the installation instructions on:
http://www.swazoo.org/download.html ? Please describe in as much detail
as possible so that I would improve the installation instructions.

So much for now, because those instructions should be enough to answer
other your questions. If they are not, let we take an opportunity to
improve it!

Thanks and best regards

Janko
Maintainer of Swazoo