nuSqueak source

nuSqueak source – Hi, I heard that people got a new problem in inputting Japanese text into Scratch 1.4 running on Raspberry Pi OS after, or around the versio...
Hi Yoshiki, On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 10:14 AM Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > Hi, > > I heard that p...
Hi Eliot, For build.linux64ARMv8/squeak.cog.spur/build.debug, i get the following error. I think I followed the steps in the instructions, i...
And I tried a few more things by checking out the last release tag 202003021730 or try opensmalltalk-vm/build.linuxARMv6/squeak.cog.spur/build...
For the /build.linuxARMv6/squeak.cog.spur/build.debug case, a hack I did was like this: diff --git a/platforms/unix/vm/sqPlatformSpecific.h...
The previous one was just a hack but I think I found the real problem. It was about the variable symbolic, that gets symbolic key code *when* i...
Hi Yoshiki, on my Mac patch isn't smart enough to decode a git diff. Can you just email me your platforms/unix/vm-display-X11/sqUnixX11...
I have a branch on a clone on github: https://github.com/yoshikiohshima/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/composition-input-fix-2020-Oct It might be e...
Hi Yoshiki, what you could do is 1) revert the changes to sqPlatformSpecific.h (fseek, ftell) since we have a working workaround now 2) just...
Ah too late, Eliot was faster, hit the pull request next time :) Le mar. 27 oct. 2020 à 18:43, Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice...
Thanks! Maybe I should not have sent a separate email to Eliot ^^; On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 10:46 AM Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.ak...
On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 11:14 AM Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > Thanks! Maybe I should not have sent a separ...
Come to think of it, a better fix for a problem like this one: KeySym symbolic; int keyCode= x2sqKey(&evt->xkey, &symbolic); ...
Hi Yoshiki, > On Oct 28, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > >  > Come to think of it, a ...
Ok! I did make a pull request but then merged it by myself. Next thing for me to try is to build linux64ARMv8. On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 8...
As for linux64ARMv8, I had to hack like this (The below is somewhat inconsistent but you'll get an idea) to get it produce a VM: It looks li...
Hi Yoshiki, On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 12:59 PM Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > As for linux64ARMv8, I had to ...
I may be simply on a wrong OS. The main reason for me to dive in again was to fix it for Raspberry Pi OS users: https://www.raspberrypi.org/...
> On 2020-10-28, at 4:05 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > I may be simply on a wrong OS. The main reason f...
Yup. I just needed to fall into the same trap... Now that we have an improved version of the VM, what is the "rest" of procedure t...
> On 2020-11-04, at 8:28 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > Yup. I just needed to fall into the same trap......
Hi Tim, This is probably a fix we'd do on the image side, but one thing Abe-san mentioned was that the first time playing a sound takes long...
> On 2020-11-05, at 7:58 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > This is probably a fix we'd do on the image side...
Another thing Abe-san told me is that the font rendering result is not good, as if anti-aliasing is not giving the right alpha. I have not loo...
On 29/10/20 4:52 am, tim Rowledge wrote: > There*is* a 64 bit version of Raspberry PI OS that is currently in > late-beta. That would nee...
Hi Yoshiki, Tim, Subbu, ARMv8 is cool; but Linux is a hydra. In getting the JIT to work with ARMv8 I went with the first full 64-bit ARM...
On 29/10/20 9:01 pm, Eliot Miranda wrote: > The OS can impose radically different constraints on the JIT.  In > Mankato it is impossible ...
On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 4:06 PM Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > I may be simply on a wrong OS. The main reason...
> On 2020-10-28, at 4:17 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda@...> wrote: > > cc -dM -E - </dev/null | grep -i arm On a Pi 4 ...
> On 2020-10-28, at 4:34 PM, tim Rowledge <tim@...> wrote: > > I could have sworn I had a uSD with Raspbian64 on it but it se...
The result from: cc -dM -E - </dev/null | grep -i arm is shown below. There is only one non uppercase value: #define __ARM_SI...
Weird - I didn't have to change anything to get it to compile, but it won't run on Raspberry Pi OS 64 yet because of the write/execute address f...
> On 2020-10-28, at 9:24 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > Ok! > > I did make a pull request but the...
> On 2020-10-28, at 8:34 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > (A professor of my college days once told us t...
Hi Yoshiki, On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 2:00 PM Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...> wrote: > > Hi Eliot, > > For build...
Hi Eliot, On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 5:45 PM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda@...> wrote: > > Hi Yoshiki, > > On Sat, Oct...
Hi Yoshiki, Eliot, I confirm the problem, 32 bit linux build fails, on x86 too. it appears on travis log: https://travis-ci.org/github/OpenSm...
Hi Nicolas, > On Oct 25, 2020, at 2:49 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> wrote: > >  > Hi Yoshiki, El...
Hi Eliot, Le lun. 26 oct. 2020 à 03:52, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda@...> a écrit : > > Hi Nicolas, > > On Oct 25, 2...
I still have not managed to compile the VM from the latest source on Raspberry Pi 4 yet, I was experimenting from the Squeak side (Thanks Tim)....
OK, included is a zip of the 5.1 test/dev image I made some time back. Just open Dock->Apps->Scratch. The preferences are possibly not you...
Please take me off the list -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] nuSqueak source From: &lt; p.fazio@... &gt; D...
Please take me off the list -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] nuSqueak source From: K K Subbu &lt; kksubbu.ml@.....
Hi - we were just talking about you at the squeak board meeting :-) > On 2020-10-21, at 10:14 AM, Yoshiki Ohshima <Yoshiki.Ohshima@...>...
Hi, I reproduced the bug. If there is a version of an equivalent image but with .changes file available, that would be really good. The syst...
On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 12:23 PM tim Rowledge <tim@...> wrote: > > Hi - we were just talking about you at the squeak board meeti...