object explorer - sorting keys in dictionaries

cbc

object explorer - sorting keys in dictionaries

cbc
Hi.  I have objects that I want to explore with Dates as keys.  ObjectExplorer seems to want to sort these by the string representation of the dates instead of the natural sorting of the dates
image.png

Could someone point me to where the building of this list is going on? Once I have a pointer, I can try various other options to find something I like.

Thanks,
cbc

Re: object explorer - sorting keys in dictionaries

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Chris

I think you might want to have a look at the implementors of

   explorerContents

Dictionary has

explorerContents

        ^self keysSortedSafely replace: [ :key |
                ObjectExplorerWrapper
                        with: (self at: key)
                        name: (key printString contractTo: 32)
                        model: self ]

Regards
Hannes

On 4/18/19, Chris Cunningham <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.  I have objects that I want to explore with Dates as keys.
> ObjectExplorer seems to want to sort these by the string representation of
> the dates instead of the natural sorting of the dates
> [image: image.png]
>
> Could someone point me to where the building of this list is going on? Once
> I have a pointer, I can try various other options to find something I like.
>
> Thanks,
> cbc

Re: object explorer - sorting keys in dictionaries

Hannes Hirzel
Hi Chris

I think you might want to have a look at all the implementors of

cbc

Re: object explorer - sorting keys in dictionaries

cbc
Thank you, that's what I'm looing for.
-cbc