observations after updating Pharo and Seaside

observations after updating Pharo and Seaside

rshiple

Folks

To get up-to-date I had a few things to set back:

 WABuilder
 >>rootClass
  rootClass isNil ifTrue: [ rootClass := WACurlRoot ].
^rootClass

 WARequestHandlingConfiguration

  >>describeOn:  "two changes to class references"

WARequestContext

  >>responseGenerator  "I still have to replace the generator class name"

But I only lost a few minutes in tracking these down ...

Re: observations after updating Pharo and Seaside

Julian Fitzell-2
Hi Robert,

I'm afraid I still don't get what you're trying to do. You shouldn't have to change WABuilder; just call #rootClass: if you want a different root.

You don't have to override WARequestHandlingConfiguration; just configure your application with the appropriate settings

You don't have to override #responseGenerator; again, this is obtained from the application's configuration.

I've mentioned these already, but you don't seem to be taking my suggested approach. Is there some reason why not?

Julian