offers (deb and rpm packages included)

Michael J. Zeder
Hi!
I would like to make two offers:
First, I know, deciding to be provocative can hurt. I did it int the hope that the released energy will be transformed in something good by the community, so apology for having been loud and insistent.

Second, I felt oblidged to give at least a little thing back (since I use Pharo mostly in spare time). So, hey Linuxers! Whenever I set up a new system, I integrate Pharo Launcher into the desktop environment. I thought, I just built Debian .deb and RPM packages, for convient installation, on multiuser desktops.
Maybe you like it. What does it do? installs shell shortcut ( $ pharo ) and application menu item (Gnome, KDE etc), which when called, copy Launcher image and resources into hidden user dir ( /home/USER/.pharolauncher ), if needed, and start Pharo Launcher. Packaged as DEB and RPM for i386 and x86_64. Please always verify binary integrity.

Re: offers (deb and rpm packages included)

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

Thanks a lot Michel.

I will see if there is any way to port this to Arch/Manjaro.

Cheers,

Offray

On 3/3/19 11:52, Michael Zeder wrote:
[...]

EstebanLM
Nice, thank you!
(We are working on some packaging for linux, but somehow we are not yet there :( )

Esteban

On 3 Mar 2019, at 17:52, Michael Zeder <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

cool
@Offray, I added pacman format now, but I have no means to verify, if it installs correctly on Arch/Manjaro/other distros which use the pacman package management. If somebody can verify..?
And, I yet have to come up with a way to ensure, that package updates dont break compatibility (vm is in /usr/share, while every user has her own image in home folder).

Does by chance anybody here has contact to a linux distro maintainer?
With Stef's okay, I will write to all major linux distro teams, if they like to include PharoLauncher into their repos (if they can't include it in the main repo, I will try to get it into Linux "App Stores" via flatpak/snap/etc, though the "real" distro repos would be better).

Michael