old css contents served

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

I now encounter the following issue: I can edit and change the CSS
file associated with a structure, and if I inspect the contents of the
PRFile instance, the text is indeed changed. However, the page still
renders according to the old stylesheet. The problem appears even if I
empty the browser cache.

Does anyone know where the problem might come from?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: old css contents served

Yanni Chiu
On 07/10/12 8:13 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
> ... The problem appears even if I
> empty the browser cache.

I find that the browser sometimes hangs on to things, even though you
"empty" the cache. Safari seems to behave this way more often. Sometimes
the "Disable caches" in Safari's "Develop" menu, ensures the file is
actually retrieved (but, it causes all your other tabs to also not be
cached, so browsing other sites is bad).

Another cache clearing action is to restart the browser. For this
reason, I sometimes uses a different browser (Firefox) that can be
restarted, without losing my other browsing tabs.

HTH.

Re: old css contents served

Tudor Girba-2
It was my bad. I had the Base URL set and of course, the css contents
came from the remote site instead of my locally modified one.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Yanni Chiu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 07/10/12 8:13 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>> ... The problem appears even if I
>> empty the browser cache.
>

> I find that the browser sometimes hangs on to things, even though you
> "empty" the cache. Safari seems to behave this way more often. Sometimes the
> "Disable caches" in Safari's "Develop" menu, ensures the file is actually
> retrieved (but, it causes all your other tabs to also not be cached, so
> browsing other sites is bad).
>
> Another cache clearing action is to restart the browser. For this reason, I
> sometimes uses a different browser (Firefox) that can be restarted, without
> losing my other browsing tabs.
>
> HTH.

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"