old debugger and Cloasure vm on unix

Dale
I'm trying to reproduce the problem that Michael Roberts reported. But I'm running into a couple of problems.

I'm running on a linux system, so I grabbed exupery-vm-0.15-linux.tz from the downloads page on google. I'm using the prebuilt squeak vm in this download.

I grabbed pharo0.1-10259dev09.03.3 and then loaded ClosureTests.st from Lukas.

When I run the ClosureTests I get:

  16 run, 8 passes, 0 expected failures, 8 failures, 0 errors, 0 unexpected passes

Obviously, I'm missing a crucial part of the formula.

BlockClosureTests.st also mostly fails....

Are closures expected to work in the linux vm? Is there a different vm I should be using?

Thanks for the help,

Dale

Re: old debugger and Cloasure vm on unix

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I'm trying to reproduce the problem that Michael Roberts reported. But
| I'm running into a couple of problems.
|
| I'm running on a linux system, so I grabbed exupery-vm-0.15-linux.tz
| from the downloads page on google. I'm using the prebuilt squeak vm in
| this download.
|
| I grabbed pharo0.1-10259dev09.03.3 and then loaded ClosureTests.st
| from Lukas.
|
| When I run the ClosureTests I get:
|
|   16 run, 8 passes, 0 expected failures, 8 failures, 0 errors, 0
| unexpected passes
|
| Obviously, I'm missing a crucial part of the formula.
|
| BlockClosureTests.st also mostly fails....
|
| Are closures expected to work in the linux vm? Is there a different vm
| I should be using?
|
| Thanks for the help,
|
| Dale

What a coincidence, I was poking around in the same area and have found that you need to use 10259-ClosureBeta1 you'll get what appears to be the right image ... at least only 2 of the tests fail...

Hope this helps,

Dale ... {:-|>

Re: old debugger and Cloasure vm on unix

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 5:03 AM, Dale Henrichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What a coincidence, I was poking around in the same area and have found that you need to use 10259-ClosureBeta1 you'll get what appears to be the right image ... at least only 2 of the tests fail...

Yes, dev-images are not built on top of the Closure images yet.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

Re: old debugger and Cloasure vm on unix

Michael Roberts-2

I will start to put my findings on this issue entry.

thanks,
Mike