^ on linux displayed as >

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

is this problem still present?

Re: ^ on linux displayed as >

Bart Gauquie
Hi,

I apparently created : http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1405 also; which is the same issue.
Using latests 1.0 I still have the problem. If I press ^ and space, a [] block appears.

On my Ubuntu, in a native texteditor, both work: If I press ^ twice, it appears correctly and if I press ^ followed by a space, the same happens.

Regards,

Bart

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys

is this problem still present?

imagination is more important than knowledge - Albert Einstein
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere - Albert Einstein
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. - Albert Einstein
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. - Albert Einstein

Re: ^ on linux displayed as >

Michael Rueger-6
Bart Gauquie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I apparently created :
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=1405 also; which is the
> same issue.
> Using latests 1.0 I still have the problem. If I press ^ and space, a []
> block appears.
>
> On my Ubuntu, in a native texteditor, both work: If I press ^ twice, it
> appears correctly and if I press ^ followed by a space, the same happens.

on Linux key composition works in a pre-defined way by composing
sequences. Or rather hardwired because of the way the VM delivers key
events right now. Unfortunately that can be different from what is set
for other applications.

That being said let me take a look if I can fix it anyways :-)

Michael

Re: ^ on linux displayed as >

Schwab,Wilhelm K
What I find screwy is the way the caplock key gets interpreted.  It whacks up menus, leads to easy (unwanted) select/replace of large blocks of text, and (understandably) breaks control-z to fix the later.  Pharo is the only program I have seen to behave badly with the cap lock active.

Bill