onApplication exit

Günther Schmidt
Hi all,

I'm getting close to ship my first alpha version to the customer, Hurray!

But there's a couple of bugs I need to eliminate first.

I need to figure out why some views in a tabbed container initially
aren't properly drawn.

There is one that won't draw itself properly unless I go to any other
tab and then back to it, from there on it works fine.

The other thing I need to figure out is where the application exit hook
is. There i/is/i *onViewClosed*, but I need one that is more
*onViewAboutToClose* but can't find the right one yet.

I'm also not sure why the CTL+A shortcuts don't work on my list views.

Any ideas?

Günther

Re: onApplication exit

Blair McGlashan-4
"Günther Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting close to ship my first alpha version to the customer, Hurray!
>
> But there's a couple of bugs I need to eliminate first.
>
> I need to figure out why some views in a tabbed container initially aren't
> properly drawn.
>
> There is one that won't draw itself properly unless I go to any other tab
> and then back to it, from there on it works fine.

I'm afraid you would have to provide more information, and preferably a
reproducible case.

> The other thing I need to figure out is where the application exit hook
> is. There i/is/i *onViewClosed*, but I need one that is more
> *onViewAboutToClose* but can't find the right one yet.

You should do this by hooking the #closeRequested: event triggered off the
shell presenter. The argument is a boolean value holder. Set the value it
holds to false to prevent the window closing. This event is fired if the
user either attempts to close the window, or if the system is shutting down.
Browse references to it to see how the development system usese it to prompt
to save changes, etc.

> I'm also not sure why the CTL+A shortcuts don't work on my list views.

You actually need to define it as an accelerator key sequence somewhere. The
easiest way is to add it to the Edit menu as in the development tools (just
copy the command from one of the development tool menu bars). If you don't
want it on the menu bar, then you can hook it in through the
additionalAccelerators mechanism (have a look at definitions of
#defaultAdditionalAccelerators).

Regards

Blair

Re: onApplication exit

Günther Schmidt
Blair,

thanks for responding.

Before I try to explain I just send you the GUI package.

After installing do a:

BibliofilApplicationShell show

and click on the "unvollständige Datensätze (invalid records)" tab.

That view never happens to be proberly drawn on first click.

As for the application exit, I found it in the meantime.

I'll check into the shortcuts first thing in the morning.

Thanks!

Günther

Blair McGlashan schrieb:

> "Günther Schmidt" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:[hidden email]...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm getting close to ship my first alpha version to the customer, Hurray!
>>
>> But there's a couple of bugs I need to eliminate first.
>>
>> I need to figure out why some views in a tabbed container initially aren't
>> properly drawn.
>>
>> There is one that won't draw itself properly unless I go to any other tab
>> and then back to it, from there on it works fine.
>>

> I'm afraid you would have to provide more information, and preferably a
> reproducible case.
>
>> The other thing I need to figure out is where the application exit hook
>> is. There i/is/i *onViewClosed*, but I need one that is more
>> *onViewAboutToClose* but can't find the right one yet.
>
> You should do this by hooking the #closeRequested: event triggered off the
> shell presenter. The argument is a boolean value holder. Set the value it
> holds to false to prevent the window closing. This event is fired if the
> user either attempts to close the window, or if the system is shutting down.
> Browse references to it to see how the development system usese it to prompt
> to save changes, etc.
>
>> I'm also not sure why the CTL+A shortcuts don't work on my list views.
>
> You actually need to define it as an accelerator key sequence somewhere. The
> easiest way is to add it to the Edit menu as in the development tools (just
> copy the command from one of the development tool menu bars). If you don't
> want it on the menu bar, then you can hook it in through the
> additionalAccelerators mechanism (have a look at definitions of
> #defaultAdditionalAccelerators).
>
> Regards
>
> Blair

Bibliofil-Import-NotNormalized.zip (26K) Download Attachment