one for "not actually that important"

rush
SmaCC can generate item set comment method on parser class when generating
parser. On larger grammars, this method can get quite lenghty (7MB for
example), and when this method is selected in CHB, Dolphin stops responding.
Displaying this string in inspector is however not a problem.

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/

Re: one for "not actually that important"

Blair McGlashan-3
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:cdgbc3$v5l$[hidden email]...
> SmaCC can generate item set comment method on parser class when generating
> parser. On larger grammars, this method can get quite lenghty (7MB for
> example), and when this method is selected in CHB, Dolphin stops
> responding.
> Displaying this string in inspector is however not a problem.

I don't think it actually stops responding, I think it just takes an
inordinately long time. This is probably due to the time it takes the
compiler to syntax colour the message (even though it is all comment),
although the time taken to read such a large chunk may also be an issue.
Lastly it takes a considerable time to stream large amounts of text into the
rich edit control. Dolphin is just not optimised for displaying very large
methods. Nevertheless I'll record the issue for a rainy day.

Regards

Blair