order of callback:value: and callback: execution in prototype updaters

order of callback:value: and callback: execution in prototype updaters

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
guys can someone tell me if the execution order is guaranteed when you make something like this:

html prototype updater
callback:[:someValFromDom| stateAtServer := someValFromDom]
value: 'this.whatever.valInDom' asJSObject;
callback:[:h| h render: somethingRelevant];
yourself.

somethingRelevant is going to always be rendered after setting stateAtServer?

Re: order of callback:value: and callback: execution in prototype updaters

Lukas Renggli
In this particular case the order is as you specify, in general:

- #callback:value: and friends you can specify multiple times and they
will be executed in the order defined
- #callback: and friends can be specified only once and will always be
executed last

Lukas

On 23 December 2010 20:49, Sebastian Sastre
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> guys can someone tell me if the execution order is guaranteed when you make
> something like this:
> html prototype updater
> callback:[:someValFromDom| stateAtServer := someValFromDom]
> value: 'this.whatever.valInDom' asJSObject;
> callback:[:h| h render: somethingRelevant];
> yourself.
>
> somethingRelevant is going to always be rendered after
> setting stateAtServer?
> sebastian
> o/

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: order of callback:value: and callback: execution in prototype updaters

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
great, that's cute :)