overlapped call

rush
Hi

does the thread on which overlapped call executes, create windows?

In other words is it safe to call overllaped waitForSingleObject, or I need
to call msgWaitForMultipleObjects ?

rush

Re: overlapped call

Blair McGlashan
"rush" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:akti51$8oj$[hidden email]...
> Hi
>
> does the thread on which overlapped call executes, create windows?

No, it doesn't create any windows, at least not as part of the
implementation. Communication between the overlapped calls threads and the
main VM thread is achieved using a combination of thread synchronization
objects and asynchronous procedure calls (APCs).

> In other words is it safe to call overllaped waitForSingleObject, or I
need
> to call msgWaitForMultipleObjects ?

You can use the simpler form.

Regards