package extension question

1 message Options

package extension question

Stéphane Ducasse

Hi

Apparently some class extensions category are stored in lowercase, and
this makes difficult to find a package given
a method category.

methodCategoryPrefix
        ^ methodCategoryPrefix ifNil: [methodCategoryPrefix := '*', self
packageName asLowercase]

I would be nice to make sure that we can go from a package to its
class extensions and from the class extensions
to its package. Now using asLowercase breaks this dual relationship.

What do you think?
Ideally I would like to fix all the package extensions to reflect
exactly their package name and also change the code above
to ensure that we get a real bijection.