+page|loggedout+

keith1y
There is nothing in the permissions system which allows a page to be
displayed only for logged out (not logged in) users.

How about +page|loggedout++page|loggedin+ or similar?

Keith

Re: +page|loggedout+

Lukas Renggli
> How about +page|loggedout++page|loggedin+ or similar?

An embedded page is ignored, if the user is not allowed to see it
through the permissions.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: +page|loggedout+

keith1y
Lukas Renggli wrote:
>> How about +page|loggedout++page|loggedin+ or similar?
>>

> An embedded page is ignored, if the user is not allowed to see it
> through the permissions.
>
> Lukas

But there is no way to set the permissions so that:

"other" can see it, and everyone else can not see it. - i.e. logged out
users only. I use this for the link to the  "ForgotPassword component"

Keith

Re: +page|loggedout+

Lukas Renggli
> But there is no way to set the permissions so that:
>
> "other" can see it, and everyone else can not see it. - i.e. logged out
> users only. I use this for the link to the  "ForgotPassword component"

Have a look at the Pier-Distribution (or the Pier One-Click image).
Doru uses a very cool trick there:

The login command is a separate widget that is always displayed, but
only lists the login command. Thus it will automatically disappear
after login and when the login command becomes invalid. The
authentication revealed as I wrote in the previous mail.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: +page|loggedout+

keith1y
Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> But there is no way to set the permissions so that:
>>
>> "other" can see it, and everyone else can not see it. - i.e. logged out
>> users only. I use this for the link to the  "ForgotPassword component"
>>

> Have a look at the Pier-Distribution (or the Pier One-Click image).
> Doru uses a very cool trick there:
>
> The login command is a separate widget that is always displayed, but
> only lists the login command. Thus it will automatically disappear
> after login and when the login command becomes invalid. The
> authentication revealed as I wrote in the previous mail.
>
> Lukas

But I am not using commands for anything. I find writing a custom
command and managing permissions for every possible action to be too
difficult.

Instead when I embed a page with a component, if that seaside component
does an #answer: pier will go to the previous context just like a
command except that commands dont look as good as pages with content
images etc.

This means I can use any seaside component not just canBeRoot ones.

I added |loggedin |loggedout to my custom embedded renderer

Keith