paragraph replacement?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Another class we used in EyeSee (besides Circle) is Paragraph. I see that this class is now deprecated and empty. What should we use instead of it?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We are all great at making mistakes."

Re: paragraph replacement?

Marcus Denker-4

On May 20, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another class we used in EyeSee (besides Circle) is Paragraph. I see that this class is now deprecated and empty. What should we use instead of it?

NewParagraph

It has a different API, though. And there is a subclass that is the one used by the system (MultiNewParaph)... this part of the system definitly needs more cleanup
and simplification.

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: paragraph replacement?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

On 20 May 2011, at 13:28, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Another class we used in EyeSee (besides Circle) is Paragraph. I see that this class is now deprecated and empty. What should we use instead of it?
>>

> NewParagraph
>
> It has a different API, though. And there is a subclass that is the one used by the system (MultiNewParaph)... this part of the system definitly needs more cleanup
> and simplification.

Thanks. I kind of made it work :). Now, all EyeSee examples are green again :)

Cheers,
Doru

> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Re: paragraph replacement?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

In NewParagraph>>clickAt: clickPoint for: model controller: editor there is a call to:
        att actOnClickFor: target in: self at: clickPoint editor: editor

However, actOnClickFor:in:at:editor: does not exist. This method is also missing from Pharo 1.2. Anyone knows where to get it from?

Cheers,
Doru

On 20 May 2011, at 14:02, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 20 May 2011, at 13:28, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On May 20, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Another class we used in EyeSee (besides Circle) is Paragraph. I see that this class is now deprecated and empty. What should we use instead of it?
>>>

>> NewParagraph
>>
>> It has a different API, though. And there is a subclass that is the one used by the system (MultiNewParaph)... this part of the system definitly needs more cleanup
>> and simplification.
>
> Thanks. I kind of made it work :). Now, all EyeSee examples are green again :)
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."

Re: paragraph replacement?

Marcus Denker-4

On May 20, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In NewParagraph>>clickAt: clickPoint for: model controller: editor there is a call to:
> att actOnClickFor: target in: self at: clickPoint editor: editor
>
> However, actOnClickFor:in:at:editor: does not exist. This method is also missing from Pharo 1.2. Anyone knows where to get it from?

No idea.. what is it supposed to do?

Having two Paragraph implementations in parallel over so many years was not a good idea...

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: paragraph replacement?

Stéphane Ducasse
I think that it triggers the hyperlinks.

Stef

On May 23, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> On May 20, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In NewParagraph>>clickAt: clickPoint for: model controller: editor there is a call to:
>> att actOnClickFor: target in: self at: clickPoint editor: editor
>>
>> However, actOnClickFor:in:at:editor: does not exist. This method is also missing from Pharo 1.2. Anyone knows where to get it from?
>
> No idea.. what is it supposed to do?
>
> Having two Paragraph implementations in parallel over so many years was not a good idea...
>
> Marcus
>
> --
> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de

Re: paragraph replacement?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Yes, it triggers the hyperlinks, but the method is not implemented and I could not find it in older images either. That is why I asked if someone knows how should the method behave.

Cheers,
Doru

On 23 May 2011, at 13:13, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I think that it triggers the hyperlinks.
>
> Stef
>
> On May 23, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:
>

>> On May 20, 2011, at 5:15 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In NewParagraph>>clickAt: clickPoint for: model controller: editor there is a call to:
>>> att actOnClickFor: target in: self at: clickPoint editor: editor
>>>
>>> However, actOnClickFor:in:at:editor: does not exist. This method is also missing from Pharo 1.2. Anyone knows where to get it from?
>>
>> No idea.. what is it supposed to do?
>>
>> Having two Paragraph implementations in parallel over so many years was not a good idea...
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Live like you mean it."

Re: paragraph replacement?

Marcus Denker-4

On May 23, 2011, at 6:27 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes, it triggers the hyperlinks, but the method is not implemented and I could not find it in older images either. That is why I asked if someone knows how should the method behave.

In older images (1.2), there is an #actOnClickFor: on the TextAction Hierarchy.

TextDoit does for example:

actOnClickFor: anObject
        "Note: evalString gets evaluated IN THE CONTEXT OF anObject
         -- meaning that self and all instVars are accessible"
        Compiler evaluate: evalString for: anObject logged: false.
        ^ true

It seems the interface was extended to send the editor instance and the paragraph to the Link, so that
a link could e.g. change what is displayed.

What kind of TextAction do you have?

You could just implement there whatever action makes sense (ignoring the editor and paragraph parameter
and do exactly what #actOnClickFor: did in the old ST80 Paragraph).

The whole TextAction stuff needs a pass... maybe with Moose as a Client, we can do that pass...

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: paragraph replacement?

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes this would be good because I was always sad to remove it.
Now this is not sure that we need the TextURL

Stef