parameterName: not defined

keith1y
What does configure components on the fly mean exactly? I thought I
would try it and my image is broken.

Is there a new Magritte-Model due?

I think parameterName: is a needed addition to magritte. At present I
have to search for descriptions by label which is not ideal.

Keith

p.s. please adopt my breakouts of updateDtd: and updatePage:

Re: parameterName: not defined

keith1y
Keith Hodges wrote:

> What does configure components on the fly mean exactly? I thought I
> would try it and my image is broken.
>
> Is there a new Magritte-Model due?
>
> I think parameterName: is a needed addition to magritte. At present I
> have to search for descriptions by label which is not ideal.
>
> Keith
>
> p.s. please adopt my breakouts of updateDtd: and updatePage:

ok I found the latest Pier-Model, there are still some references to
displayName:

Keith

Keith Hodges wrote:

> What does configure components on the fly mean exactly? I thought I
> would try it and my image is broken.
>
> Is there a new Magritte-Model due?
>
> I think parameterName: is a needed addition to magritte. At present I
> have to search for descriptions by label which is not ideal.
>
> Keith
>
> p.s. please adopt my breakouts of updateDtd: and updatePage:

Embedded images are showing as links

Keith

Re: parameterName: not defined

keith1y
and all commands have dissapeared!

time to go back to my saved image

Keith

Keith Hodges wrote:
> and all commands have dissapeared!

was my fault.
> time to go back to my saved image
>
> Keith

Re: parameterName: not defined

John McKeon
Keith,
I too wrestled with ways to filter descriptions and while writing PRStructure and PRCase subclasses ran across the isSetting property and realized it was the manna of description filters. So I'm using several of my own extension of MADescription to use like anObject description select: [ :desc | descĀ  isStatus orĀ  isQueued etc. It is a great convenience.

John McKeon wrote:
> Keith,
> I too wrestled with ways to filter descriptions and while writing
> PRStructure and PRCase subclasses ran across the isSetting property
> and realized it was the manna of description filters. So I'm using
> several of my own extension of MADescription to use like anObject
> description select: [ :desc | desc  isStatus or  isQueued etc. It is a
> great convenience.
An example of what I have been doing.

I have a UserLogin model, with fields 'username', 'email' and
'password'. I offer several descriptions for different purposes. e.g.

#descriptionForRegisteringNewUser

when registering a new user, I make the username readwrite.

#descriptionForForgottonPasswordForm

I make the password field hidden.

Now UserLogin is part of a bigger model, UserModel, which has two parts,
#login, and #personal, plus the parts of its subclasses, e.g. #billing
#shipping (optional) #salesTax etc.

When completing the registration of the new user the UserModel is filled
out, but since we have already got the UserLoginData, the
UserModel-#descriptionForRegisteringNewUser

has #descriptionLogin set to hidden.

and so on...
==

I agree the beSettings approach is very useful. But I cant see it being
very helpful for these enable/disable type operations I am doing here.
Its not that I want to filter out descriptions, I am just tweaking one
ot two parameters on a description, but first I have to find that field
description using atLabel: (soon to be atName:)

Keith

Re: parameterName: not defined

Lukas Renggli
> What does configure components on the fly mean exactly? I thought I
> would try it and my image is broken.

I don't understand what you are doing.

> I think parameterName: is a needed addition to magritte. At present I
> have to search for descriptions by label which is not ideal.

You can add any properties to descriptions.

I frequently use that to tag descriptions that should only be visible
to admins, etc. #beSettings is something like that in Pier.

> p.s. please adopt my breakouts of updateDtd: and updatePage:

I'll have a look.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: parameterName: not defined

Lukas Renggli
> Embedded images are showing as links

It's work in progress.

I suggest that you stick with the stable version Pier 1.1.1
(http://www.piercms.com/download).

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli