parsing @-

Gary Peterson-2
Hi Group,

It looks like

    7.9.1        [hidden email]       fails -- i.e. requires 1@ -1 (space delimiter before the negative sign)

Just wondering if anyone has a parser tweak, otherwise we'll probably just add space delimeters as it looks like we may have <100 cases, but of course prefer to minimize code touches on upgrades. Some 3rd party mathematical code we use appears to use @- quite a bit.

Thank you,

Gary P

Re: parsing @-

davidbuck
I would recommend against a parser tweak.  The @- issue is a parser ambiguity and I feel that the current solution in VisualWorks 7.9.1 is the right way to do it.  You might look into a rewrite rule to make the changes for you or just browse senders of @- and change them manually.  In either case, it's probably better to take the plunge now and make the change than to add a parser tweak and make your parser incompatible with the standard VW parser.

David Buck
Simberon Inc.

Gary Peterson wrote:
Hi Group,

It looks like

    7.9.1        [hidden email]       fails -- i.e. requires 1@ -1 (space delimiter before the negative sign)

Just wondering if anyone has a parser tweak, otherwise we'll probably just add space delimeters as it looks like we may have <100 cases, but of course prefer to minimize code touches on upgrades. Some 3rd party mathematical code we use appears to use @- quite a bit.

Thank you,

Gary P

No virus found in this message.

Re: parsing @-

jarober
Just look for all senders of #@-, and if there are a lot of them, use a rewrite rule.  At my last gig, we ran into this as part of the upgrade from 7.6

The larger issue is that the allowable syntax for binary messages changed.  #@- is simply the most likely thing you could run into; there are other possibilities too

On Feb 15, 2013, at 9:46 PM, Gary Peterson wrote:

Hi Group,

It looks like

    7.9.1        [hidden email]       fails -- i.e. requires 1@ -1 (space delimiter before the negative sign)

Just wondering if anyone has a parser tweak, otherwise we'll probably just add space delimeters as it looks like we may have <100 cases, but of course prefer to minimize code touches on upgrades. Some 3rd party mathematical code we use appears to use @- quite a bit.

Thank you,

Gary P

Re: parsing @-

Gary Peterson-2