passing session in url.. really a big deal?

passing session in url.. really a big deal?

sergio t. ruiz

i am trying to figure out if i am just making a big deal over
nothing... or if i am finding an impedance mismatch between my and
seaside..

just about every app i have written has a pretty high reliance on
users forwarding urls to others..

passing the session in the url could really cause a problem for a user
without them even knowing about it...

has anyone found that this to be a huge problem that couldn't be
simply and easily worked around?

am i just making an issue of nothing?

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: passing session in url.. really a big deal?

stephane ducasse
Hi sergio

just a point: would you pass a program just in the middle a
computation to a friend?
Would your friend make sense about been in the middle of a (flight
booking process, antialiasing photo correction....)
  pay attention we are talking about ***applications*** not book or
set of pages where the flow has limited value.

Stef

On Oct 28, 2008, at 3:29 AM, stephane ducasse wrote:

> pay attention we are talking about ***applications*** not book or
> set of pages where the flow has limited value.
>
> Stef

right.. i think i am just stuck in an old way of thinking...

i am going to work through the "to do list" tutorial today..

and not ask any more questions until i get done with that..

thanks!

___
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary
www.village-buzz.com

Re: passing session in url.. really a big deal?

stephane ducasse
There is no problem with questions. I think that this is important for
everybody to get exposed to other
point of view.

Stef