patching vmmaker

K K Subbu
Hi,

While building the VM from generator.image through eval handler, I
noticed spurious blank lines in the log output. I created a changeset
that removes these and creates a compact log (all in VMMaker package).

My generator.image only throws up local repos for MC. smalltalkhub.com
seems to be down. How do I upload the patch to VMMaker mainline?

Regards .. Subbu

fixextracrs-kks.cs (12K) Download Attachment

Re: patching vmmaker

Clément Béra
Hi,

The main VMMaker repo is on http:/source.squeak/org/VMMaker, not on smalltalkhub. The repo is common with other programming languages than Pharo.

To integrate your changes into the main repo you may send a mail to vm-dev (in CC). If you plan to commit frequently in the VMMaker repository you may ask for commit rights on the repo. Alternatively you may hope that someone with rights will look into your changes. Any change that break one of the builds (including all platforms, programming languages supported, vm versions) that has no massive impact on the VM (performance, stability or feature) is usually ignored. The opensmalltalk-vm github repo contains the generated C sources and most builds (all builds except some oddities like the android version that is not obvious to build with free build frameworks) are generated automatically from this repo using common build frameworks (travis, appveyor).